Thread: Nvidia GeForce GT 750M Overheating problem

Nvidia GeForce GT 750M Overheating problem

I am using Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 laptop that has inbuilt GeForce GT 750M graphics on board, I think. I bought this laptop after reading all the reviews for gaming purpose. I found out that this laptop was capable enought to play games such as Battlefield 3 on high settings or so. But if I am playing some old games like GTA 4 or so then my laptop gets overheated even when I am playing on medium settings. So, can anyone tell me whether there is some issues with the graphics on this laptop or is the laptop made to behave like this only? Thanks

Re: Nvidia GeForce GT 750M Overheating problem

Well, Nvidia GeForce GT 750M should give good performance for old games that you are running. But in any case, have you tried to monitor the temperature of the graphics when playing games, how much does it show? Which version of graphics driver are you using, is it the latest one or you are running the drivers from the motherboard CD itself?

So, you are using a laptop. Have you checked if the laptop has some kind of buttons to turn on or off the Nvidia Optimus settings in the BIOS or perhaps from the driver itself? Incase you find one of those, then can you check whether it can be turned on? By the way in which resolution are you trying to play all games?

Since its a overheating problem and because it is a laptop, you wont be able to adjust the fans either. But you can try some cooling pad if you would like by finding out if it is available for your laptop. You can even try to set the VSync to limit the FPS of the game which might be causing the overheating, since then it will consume low gpu power.