Thread: flickering screen after installing driver for Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II

flickering screen after installing driver for Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II

I have been using the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II for quite some time now and just recently I installed the 600 series latest drivers for it and after restarting the pc, the screen is flickering ever since. I have uninstalled the driver and rolled back to the previous ones but still am getting the same problem. Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks.

Re: flickering screen after installing driver for Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II

Well, did you try to test the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II on some other pc with some different motherboard? Is it working fine on that pc, if yes, then surely the problem is not with the card but with the other hardware peripherals. How much power supply watts you are using? Do you also get any error messages in the event log? Also, check the temp of the CPU, if it is not getting overheated.

Even I got a similar issue with the same graphics card on my system. I thought it could be a BIOS issue, so I have already updated motherboard BIOS to the latest but still there are some random flickering going on, through my system. I have installed both the Asus and Nvidia driver individually to no avail. The funny thing is that when I play any games then the flickering never happens. Seems to me like a Windows setting that is causing this issue.

Incase you have the Intel Motherboard, then check in the BIOS setting for "Native ACPI OS PCIe Support". If it is present in the BIOS, then immediately enable it and see if the flickering goes away or not. This problem usually happens when you use a PCIe 3.0 card (like the one that you have of Asus) on PCIe 2.0 slot on your system. You can even try to lower the display hertz to 60 or something above for the monitor and check if that works for you.