Thread: Bad graphics on Intel Integrated Graphics

Bad graphics on Intel Integrated Graphics

There is some problem with my motherboard. I am using a Intel desktop board that came with Intel Core i3. It is some DH55TC. The board has integrated Intel HD graphics which deliver a good graphic output. I can play some new games on lowest settings. But somehow there is a problem with the same now. I can see the graphic quality is deteriorating day by day. The quality is awful. I went into the bios and check out all the settings. The setting for display is configured on onboard/pci. I borrowed a graphic card from my friend and connected that on the board. It is not a new card. But still it is able to give out good display. Can anyone guide me to deal with the problem I am facing.

re: Bad graphics on Intel Integrated Graphics

Try to update the drivers. There can be some fault with it. The motherboard that you had mentioned has Intel HD 4000 Graphics. You must run a driver update. There is a intel utility available on the web that allows you to update drivers through scanning the system. If that does not found anything then simple download the drivers and run a fresh setup. That would be much more helpful for you in fixing the problem. But if nothing worked then simply carry the board to service center for repair.

It is possible that integrated graphics can fail to work properly. The most common issue is outdated drivers. You can find updates related to that on web. Or else you can get a graphic card for your system. Because you said that you are playing games and surely for that getting a new graphic card is wise choice. Updating bios can help you here but I do not think if there is some major flaw with the graphic memory then you cannot do anything.

Is your board under warranty. Ask for replacement. I am having a similar board. But with Intel Core i5 processor. After one month of purchase, the board starting giving flickering display. That was common for few week and a the end of a month it was completely black. While on a graphic card it works great. There was no problem with the display output. I carried the same to service center and they fixed it. If it a hardware fault then bios and driver updates will not help you much. You will be simply wasting time in doing those stuff.

Re: Bad graphics on Intel Integrated Graphics

Did you overclocked your processor. If yes then the problem is due to that. A number of time I had seen people overclock their system and new problem starts appearing. Motherboard manufacturer offers a utility like cpu boost, turbo boost, etc. You must never run those things. When you run then your cpu is overclocked to give more performance but that is limited to some time only. Later on this kind of stuff starts appearing.