Thread: Benq GW2250 monitor audio port not working

Benq GW2250 monitor audio port not working

My newly bought Benq GW2250 monitors audio port is not working. It has audio port at the back but when I am connecting my head phone to the same I am not getting any sound. It seems as if the audio port is faulty, I am not sure about it as the monitor is quite new. Do I have to change any setting for enabling it???

Re: Benq GW2250 monitor audio port not working

Go through the settings of the monitor and see if there is any setting for enabling it. You can also go through its manual. As far as I am aware if a monitor is having audio port then you should get sound by simply plugging a headphone to it.

I have gone through Monitors sound setting and there are only 3 options and they are Volume, Mute and audio select. I have tried setting Volume to the fullest and have tried switching between “Auto detect” and “PC audio” in “Audio Select” settings but these settings are not making any difference in my case. I don’t have the manual right now, may I have misplaced it somewhere or maybe they have not supplied it with the monitor.
    There are two ports for sound at the back. One is marked as “Line in” and the other is for headphone. I have tried plugging my headphone it both but no luck.

Did you receive any CD with the Monitor?? I guess you might have to install some kind of propriety software for using your Monitor’s audio. If they have supplied a CD than just check it out and see if there is any such software for it. For the manual you can check out Benq’s official site they might be having a soft copy of it.

No, I did not receive any CD with the Monitor. I have checked out Benq’s official site for downloading the soft copy of the manual but it seems as if they haven’t uploaded it yet. I have checked out the whole web for Benq GW2250 manual but I am not able to find it anywhere. I have gone through the FAQ’s but I don’t see any similar topic there as well. I have dropped them a mail regarding my issue and I am waiting for their response. Until then let me know if you come across Benq GW2250 manual anywhere. Any further help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Hey afroditaa you will have to first use an audio cable for making connection between your computer audio outlet and “Line in” port. You won’t get sound form your headphone until you make that connection. My friend was running in to same issue with his Benq monitor. He is having a different model but it’s quite similar. Just get 3.5 mm audio cable like below one, it will be available in local computer and hardware shops.

I’ll get the cable tomorrow and will let you know if I get sound from the audio port through headphones or not. I also wanted to know if this Monitor has a speaker?? According to its specification it doesn’t have any speakers, but a closer looks at the back of the monitor shows speaker. Just check out the image below:

Isn’t it a speaker??? There are two such speakers at the back.

I don't think its a speaker, it looks like a speaker but its surely not. If it would have been a speaker then they would have mentioned it in the specification. Other reason that makes me feel that its not a speaker is that "Speakers are never placed at the back of the monitor" either they are at the side or somewhere in the front panel. If you still have a doubt then you can contact Benq support for the same.

Hey that's a speaker, i have bought the cable today and after plugging it in my Monitors “Line in” port and my systems green port i was able to get sound from those speakers as well as headphone. Sounds from the speaker is not that good but from the headphone's its quite enough. I am just loving this monitor now. Don't know why they have not mentioned in its specification.