Thread: GeForce GTX 590 gets detected but doesn’t work

GeForce GTX 590 gets detected but doesn’t work

Since installing the latest update for my GeForce GTX 590 graphic card it gets detected but it doesn’t work. When I go in to the Nvidia control panel and select "Powerful Nvidia-processor" for the 3D-settings then Nvidia CP gets crashed. I have tried changing the setting quite a few times but Nvidia CP keeps on crashing. Has anyone else faced the same issue?? Is there anything I can try out for fixing the issue rather them performing system restore and uninstalling the updates???

re: GeForce GTX 590 gets detected but doesn’t work

I haven’t come across anyone else facing similar issue. There might be something wrong in your case. Just try below solution and let me know if that makes any difference.
    • Uninstall the current driver using some uninstaller like revo uninstaller or driver sweeper
    • Restart your system
    • Download and install latest version of the driver for your GeForce GTX 590 again
    • Restart your system

Was hoping for some other solution rather than un-installation and reinstallation, anyways I have tried uninstalling the driver using revo uninstaller and have re-downloaded and reinstalled it but I don’t see any improvement. I have checked out the dxdiag and I still see integrate graphic card to be the graphic device in use. I don’t mind reverting back to the older version of driver but I want to know if there is Method to fix it. Do you have any other workaround to suggest??? Any help will be appreciated.

When was the last time you updated your system bios?? If you haven’t updated it from a long time then check out your board’s manufacturer site and check if they have come up with latest bios or not. If yes then install the same and go through the bios setting to cross check if there is any setting for enabling your GeForce GTX 590 from there.

I had updated the bios a couple of weeks ago and there is no update on the manufacturer site, which means I am having the latest bios already. I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the bios settings as things were working quite well until I installed the updates for my GeForce GTX 590. I have gone through the BIOS and I don’t see any settings for enabling my discrete graphics from there. I have tried removing and reseating the card as well but no luck yet. Seems I will have to revert back to the old driver now, don’t know why the latest driver is creating mess in my case.

You can revert back to the old driver but before that I will suggest you to contact Nvidia support and address them the issue you are going through. If they might be aware of the issue then they will suggest you accordingly, if not then they’ll come to know about it and will come up with a fix for you later.