Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 is overheating

Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 is overheating

Newly installed Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 is overheating in my system while playing games. I have installed Assassin creed III and whenever I start playing the game, it gets freeze in between for some seconds frequently. I have checked out the temp of the card and it is reaching up to 80 degrees. I don’t think that’s normal, and it seems ill burn up my card.

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 is overheating

If you are running the game on high settings and your GPU temp is 80 degrees for that while than I guess it’s normal. Your game might be freezing because of some other reason and not overheating. Have you tried running the fan high?? If you haven’t than try that out and see if that makes any difference in your case.

Are you sure 80 degrees is normal for Sapphire Radeon HD 6850?? I am running the game on high setting and I thought the game was freezing because of overheating. It’s not just with Assassin creed III, I get the same response for other games like Prototype 2 and black ops 2 as well. Can there be some issue with my Radeon HD 6850? Should I get it checked???

Before I suggest you anything on this matter can you just let me know you system specification so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through??? As far as I am aware 80 degrees is normal for Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, your game should not freeze because of it. Hope you have installed the latest graphic card driver.

MSI 970A-G46
    3rd Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
    12 GB ram
    Antec TruePower Trio 650 Watt PSU

I have updated the graphic card to the latest before installing the game itself. I still feel that the freezing is occurring because of the overheating even though I am not so sure about it.

Seems like a driver issue to me as well, since you have mentioned that you have updated to the latest graphic card driver already. I will suggest you make clean installation of the latest driver again, simply follow the below simple steps.
    Uninstall the current driver using some uninstaller like driver sweeper or the one you like
    Reboot your system
    Download and install the latest graphic card driver
    Reboot your system and start the game again