Thread: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Graphics Card freezes while gaming

ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Graphics Card freezes while gaming

I have build up a new rig and it seems as if there is something wrong with my new ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Graphics Card. It works fine for all the other day to day task except gaming. Whenever I run any game for more than a couple of minutes my whole system gets freeze. I have to shut down my system forcefully and restart it. I am not sure if there is actually something wrong with my graphic card as it is very new.

Re: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Graphics Card freezes while gaming

First make sure that you are having latest driver installed for your Graphics Card along with recommended windows update. If that’s not an issue then try resetting cmos and updating bios.
    In order to reset cmos you can perform the easiest method. You just have to turn off your system, unplug the power cord, take out the battery from board, wait for some time, reseat it, plug power cord and turn on your system.
    If that doesn’t help than update your board bios, make sure that you are updating it to the latest available.

I had installed latest driver for my card recently while installing it. Anyways after your suggestion I have reinstalled driver and have updated the bios after resetting cmos as well but no avail. My system is still getting freeze while playing games. Is there anything else that I need to check out or I should better get my card checked???

Are you doing any kind of overclocking in your system?? If yes, than downclock and run all components at their stock speed.

If that’s not the case than test your ASUS HD7770-2GD5 in some other system to check out if there is something wrong with your system. If you get same response on other machine as well than there might be something wrong with your card and you will have to get it checked. If it works fine, then you will have to carry out more trouble shooting on your system.

No I am not doing any kind of overclocking, I don’t have any experience with it. I am a normal pc user and I do little bit of gaming. My friends had suggested me to overclock my new card to test its stability, However I am not willing to do so as I don’t have any experience and I don’t want to take any risk that might damage the card.
    I have tested out this card in my brothers machine and it is working fine there, I have played some gamed to recreate the issue but it did not freeze. So now I am quite sure there is something wrong with my machine and not the card but I don’t know what might be causing it to freeze in my machine.

First run a through scan in your system and check if there is any kind of malware or virus in there. If you don’t find your antivirus reporting anything then I will suggest you to make a clean installation of windows itself. I know that might take time but I really can’t think of anything that might help as your system is freezing specifically while gaming.