Thread: Screen tearing in games - XFX Radeon HD 7870

Screen tearing in games - XFX Radeon HD 7870

I have installed XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB recently in my system and since then I am seeing Screen tearing in games like battlefield 3 and WoW. It is very irritating to play the game like that, I have updated its driver but I don’t see any improvement. Can there be anything wrong with my Radeon HD 7870???

Re: Screen tearing in games - XFX Radeon HD 7870

I don’t think there might be an issue with your card but it’s either due to software of game setting. Since you have mentioned that you have tried installing latest graphic card driver already I will suggest you to tweak game setting and see if it makes any difference.
    You can try setting your monitor refresh rate to 60hz as well, if that doesn’t make any difference than try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There’s nothing wrong with the game, I have checked out some of the latest game and I have got same response for all. I have tried playing the game on lower setting and have tried tweaking possible settings as well but no avail. I have set monitor refresh rate to 60hz and in game settings but these things are not making any difference in my case. I am not sure but I feel as if there is something wrong with the card itself. I have never faced any such issue with my old card and I haven’t made any changes in my system rather than installing XFX Radeon HD 7870 and its driver.

This is surely a driver issue. I have come across many people who have faced exactly the same issue with the games you have mentioned. I want to know if you have simply updated Radeon HD 7870 driver over old driver or you have made clean installation of latest driver. You should make clean installation of the driver. You can use driver sweeper for uninstalling the current driver and install latest one after that.

In case you don’t get any help after making clean installation of driver than try making a digital connection between your monitor and system, I mean hdmi and not VGA.