Thread: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550's doesnt work in sli

Nvidia GeForce GTX 550's doesnt work in sli

I have recently installed 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 in my system and they both are getting recognized as well. However, something is wrong with sli, I don’t know why it is not recognizing both cards. What might be wrong in my case? Any idea? I need to get them working as soon as possible, so a quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550's doesnt work in sli

I want to know if you have installed latest graphics card driver?? If not then install them and see if your GTX 550's is getting recognized in sli mode after that. You should also update your bios, you can get latest version of bios for you board from its manufacture site.
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Are you having sli bridge installed in your system?? As far as I am aware not all card comes up with sli bridge and one has to buy them. If that’s not the case than try what Sha-kaal has mentioned. Just make sure that you are not installing latest driver over the current ones, rather uninstall current ones first and proceed installing latest ones. You can use some uninstaller like driversweeper or some other of your choice for uninstalling old driver completely from your system.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I have tried out both 296.10 and 301.42 drivers from Nvidia, they are not appearing to be making any difference in my case. After your suggestion I have updated bios of my board but no luck. I had not used for driver sweeper for uninstalling old driver but I am quite sure that I had made clean installation of the latest one as I had deleted left over of old drivers from my system manually after uninstalling them from control panel. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest driver’s couple of times to no luck. Is there anything that I can try out further???

I am not sure but it appears as if there is something wrong with sli slot or one of your GPU, in order to eliminate that possibility test your cards individually in first slot and than in second slot. If there’s something wrong with your gpu or slot than you will come to know about it. I can’t guess of anything else that might be causing this issue. Just try out what I’ve suggested and let me know what you find.

See if you are having another working machine around you than you can check your card in there. I think there is something wrong with your board rather than video cards. If you find your video cards getting recognized in sli there than you better know who is the culprit. If they don’t than you will have to get you card checked and replaced. Other than these just inspect the sli cables, there are possibilities that they might be lose or something like that, if possible try using new cable as well.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I have inspected sli cable and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it, anyways I have tested out my card individually in both slots and they are still not getting recognized. I feel there’s something wrong with the slot on board and not cards, currently I am not having another working machine to check them up but I will surely check them as soon as I get hold of it. I have asked one of my friends to check it for me, it will take a day or two. I’ll post back the cause of this issue as soon as I come to know about it. I am just hoping my board to be ok, finger crossed.

Hope you are using your card in 2 x/16 slots on the motherboard so that they default to x8/x8/. If you use them in x4/ slot then SLi will not work.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain