Thread: System freezing while gaming after Installing GTX 660 Ti

System freezing while gaming after Installing GTX 660 Ti

I have installed GTX 660 Ti in my system running windows 7 and since then whenever I am trying to run a game my system keeps on freezing for 10 to 15 seconds in between. This issue continues if I run any video or graphic application, I don’t know what’s wrong. Have I bought it faulty card???

Re: System freezing while gaming after Installing GTX 660 Ti

I want to know if you have installed the latest driver for your GTX 660 Ti or not ? If not than try out that first and check out if that’s making any difference. Just make sure that you are installing the latest available driver for it and you are making a clean installation of that driver. You can use uninstaller like driversweper for uninstalling old driver first and can then install latest one after that.
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

I had updated graphic driver to the latest just after installing the card, I had uninstalled catalyst control center along with ATI drivers using a removal program previously. I think there is something wrong with the card and not the driver, I have tried reseating card quite a few times thinking that it might make any difference but no luck. Is there anything that I can try out further rather than getting the card replaced??

If you have tried updating your graphic card driver and issue continues, than there might be surely something wrong with your card. You can try installing all recommended updates and keep your system up to date. If that doesn’t make any difference and if you are having some other working machine around, than you can test your card in there. If it works fine then you will have to carry out some more trouble shooting for your system. If it doesn’t than you will have to get your card checked and replaced. I don’t think there is any other solution that you will be able to try out further.
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Currently I don’t have any other working machine around to test out the card but I have asked my friend to test it out for me. It will take a day or two, until than if there is anything that I can try out from my end than do let me know. Just uninstalling/reinstalling driver is not making any difference in my case. The card works fine for carrying out normal task but as I have mentioned my system freezes when use any graphic application. I am not sure if there is actually something wrong with the card or not since it is quite new.