Thread: Intel 915GM Mobile drivers don't work with Windows 8

Intel 915GM Mobile drivers don't work with Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 in my laptop. After installing it, Intel 915GM Mobile drivers stopped working due to which I am getting bad graphics in my laptop. I cannot use softwares or games that need video memory to operate properly. I have tried to upgrade the graphic drivers and many other methods to get the graphic memory running, but all have failed. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Re: Intel 915GM Mobile drivers don't work with Windows 8

I don’t think that this should happen in Windows 8. I Intel’s graphic drivers work right with Windows 8. Are you sure that you are trying to install the proper version of the Intel 915GM Mobile drivers? Check if the version is meant for the built of your laptop and operating system. Also there are various versions of Windows 8, so you might have installed a different version of graphic drivers. Also you can try to uninstall all the existing graphic drivers and then install a fresh copy of the Intel 915GM Mobile drivers, maybe it will help you to get things working right in your laptop.

Re: Intel 915GM Mobile drivers don't work with Windows 8

You can try running these graphic drivers on compatibility mode of Windows XP. I hope that these graphic drivers were working on older versions of Windows’ operating system. I know it won’t work, but what is wrong in trying it out. I think that Intel still hasn’t released the Windows 8 compatible Intel 915GM Mobile drivers which will work on your laptop. You can send the suggestion to developers of Intel to release the graphic drivers for the processor in your laptop. My suggestion is that you use Windows 7 and avoid Windows 8 for now. You can come back on Windows 8 once Intel 915GM Mobile drivers are released for it.