Thread: Getting black screen in Windows 7 with Evga GTX 670

Getting black screen in Windows 7 with Evga GTX 670

I recently brought a new Evga GTX 670 graphic card and attached it in my PC myself. After installing this graphic card, I started my PC which has Windows 7 as its operating system. After starting, the computer went on the BIOS screens and then on the Windows 7 startup screen with the animated logo. After this, the screen went black and I was able to hear the startup jingle. This means that Windows 7 is loading properly but it is not being displayed on screen. The LED on monitor went orange. Can someone tell me what this problem is?

Re: Getting black screen in Windows 7 with Evga GTX 670

I suggest you to check the connections of the graphic card with the motherboard and monitor. I think that the connection must not be proper. Maybe there is some loose connection which is causing this problem in your computer. I suggest that you take out the connections, and attach them again. But this time make sure that you clean the connecting points for better response. I know that the new graphic card may not have any dust on it, but the slots on the motherboard and monitor might have some dust that must be causing this problem. I think this must be the reason for the trouble that you are facing with Evga GTX 670.

This is strange that every time during the startup only at a fixed point the display goes black. I mean if there was some problem with the graphic card then it wouldn’t have even started. It is giving the output for the BIOS script and then it also shows the logo of the Windows 7. But it always crashes when the Welcome screen of Windows 7 appears. I think that this problem must be related to the graphic drivers in some way, the graphic drivers that you must have installed along with this Evga GTX 670. I suggest that you change the graphic drivers in your computer to get the things right.

You can go into safe mode of your computer and clean all the current graphic drivers that are present. Then again install the graphic drivers that you got with the graphic card and see if the graphic card works properly. If not then my best suggestion is that you can search for the older version of the graphic driver and try running on it. I am sure that this problem is related to the graphic drivers and they are conflicting with some other system files or maybe driver. You can even ask the vendor from where you purchased this graphic card regarding this problem.