Thread: Horizontal lines and screen flickering while playing games with HD 7850

Horizontal lines and screen flickering while playing games with HD 7850

I have just started playing Max Payne 3 and I noticed that some horizontal lines started coming on my screen. The lines were light at first but after some two days they started to grow in density and number. I thought that there must be some problem with the game so I checked other game, which is Dead Island. Even it had same problem. These lines aren’t noticed on the main windows because of their white color. They have also stated to appear in videos and other softwares. Can someone tell me what these lines are?

Re: Horizontal lines and screen flickering while playing games with HD 7850

I think that the problem is with the graphic card. First check if the connection between the graphic card and motherboard or Graphic card and monitor is proper. Maybe it must have gone loose due to which you are seeing this problem. Once in a while you must have pulled or pushed your CPU which must have caused this problem. If the connections are proper, then try updating the graphic drivers of the graphic card. Maybe the old graphic drivers have gone corrupt. It is recommended that you first uninstall the old graphic drivers and then install fresh new graphic drivers. Maybe it will solve your problem.

This type of problem occurs when the power supply to the graphic card is not proper. Are you sure that the PSU in your computer is providing enough power to the HD 7850. I suggest that you check if the PSU is working properly or not. Sometimes dust gets accumulated in PSU leading to improper working.

Clean the PSU and check if it is supplying proper amount of power to your graphic card. Also check if the graphic cards cooling fan is working properly or not. Excess heat in graphic card can also be case of this problem.

If the graphic card is overclocked then it causes such problems in the graphic card. As you mentioned that the problem didn’t exist in past and it has appeared recently then I think it must be overclocking that is causing this problem. If you have overclocked the graphic card recently, then I suggest you to down clock it again.

Maybe the graphic card is not able to handle the load of overclocked graphic processor. If you have overclocked this graphic card, then I suggest you to toggle the performance and quality bar. Maybe you have set the graphic card for one of them and it is not working properly. The balanced mode for this is most preferable, set it between performance and quality.

Maybe the monitor of your computer is giving you problems that you are seeing right now. If you can get another monitor, I’d suggest you to check your graphic card with another monitor. I don’t think that problems with graphic card can lead to such problem. Also try changing the refresh rate of the monitor. If you have kept the settings of the monitor to default, then the refresh rate will be set to 60 Hz.

Change it to higher refresh rate, maybe 75 Hz. Maybe it will help to solve this problem. If still the problem continues, then I suggest you to take the monitor to respective service center to get it fixed before it go off completely.

I suspect that weather must be giving trouble to your display. If you leave in region with high temperature, then I suggest you to take a look at the temperature if it is not going above normal levels resulting in overheating. Also if the moisture in the air of your region is high then it must be creating problems in the hardware. I don’t think this can be the problem, but it is preferable to check for it too.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly