Thread: Zotac GTX 560 Video Card Bios Download

Zotac GTX 560 Video Card Bios Download

Where can I find bios of Zotac GTX 560 GPU. My freind has this card and is screen is flickering. We tried a number of things to fix it. We had done with drivers update and check for relative Windows update also. But still the same issue. The screen flickers in between and then goes back to normal.

This looks like a serious issue to me. On some forums I found that updating bios will fix the issue and it will work well. I want to know that is there a way for the same. Thanks.

Re: Zotac GTX 560 Video Card Bios Download

There is no bios udated provided by Zotac. I had contacted them too for my old gpu update. They said they are working on the same. You can post your issue on Zotac forums and wait back for your reply. Do not forget to put detailed information on your gpu.

You are lucky to find the drivers. Compared to other gpu provides like Nvidia or Gigabyte, Zotac does not looks interested in providing updated drives and bios. I had checked their site a number of time, but not able to locate any new version. This really irritating. I visited Zotac site and clicked on Support > Download Drivers. In that I tried to locate my gpu series. The only thing I can get is a common exe file that is not actually the updated drivers. This is commonly provided for number of graphic cards. It doesn't work well at all.

Also there is no option provided to get updated bios. I would have choose nVidia before. In that you can find all updated drivers and bios for older series also. The same is applicable for AMD. Now the only thing you can do is use the card as it is right now. There is not othe way to get new bios for the same. There are chance when other series drivers are quiet compatible. But that is a bit risky as if there is no proper bios file matched, your gpu will be dead forever. For the flickering thing does it appear when you play games or after a few hours of using the computer.

If yes then your card is heating up. It looks there is no proper cooling device in your computer. Open up the cpu case and the check. If there is heat generated then you need to upgrade your psu or add a good cooler.

Try to re-intsall drivers a number of time. I have a bit older series and I had issue of black screen. This appears when I play game. I re-installed drivers a number of time over and over again. The issue disappeared suddenly.

Flickering can also be due to poor connectivity. Check your cable on the backside. Try this out. Remove the display cable from both gpu and monitor. Then fix it back firmly so that there is no loose connection. Also check the pins. See that the none of them should be broken. If any of those are broken, then you have to get a new cable. Now check back. Again if the screen flickers then the issue lies with the gpu. It would be some time only your gpu will stop working completely. You can try to contact Zotact service center for this thing. They might offer you better support.

There are certain software that you can run to test your graphic card. In that you can find out what can be the exact issue. FurMark is one of them. If this all things does not work then simply open up your cpu case. Before that disconnect your computer completely from power source. Remove the graphic card and clean it if there is ample of dust. Then hook it on different Pci slot. If your system has only one, then there is no more option you have. Connect the pc first on your motherboard vga connection. See if the screen flicker or not. If still then the cable is gone. You will need to change that. If not then try to connect back on gpu and check it.

It looks issue of heating. Download and install a gpu monitor in your system. This will tel you the exact temperature. And if it is rising then there are three things that are causing it. First the psu is extremely low, second there is no enough ventilation and third the gpu is going to die soon.

We can do something with the cooling stuff. There are option by which you can ensure a good ventilation in your computer. It is also possible to change the gpu fan also. There are ample of sites on web that offer you the same. Bios update is only possible if you can get the right bios file. You cannot simply overwrite anything on the same. Bios files are only provided by official manufacturers. One thing you can do. Backup the old bios from graphic card and rewrite that. It is complicated but this is quiet helpful.

Somehow there are very rare tools that do this. I am still not able to understand why Zotac do not offer a appropriate bios file for its gpu. It would help users to fix normal issue like your facing. Try to keep your cpu case open for a while and play some games. Keep a gpu temp checker on. If the flickering thing then this is surely a heating issue.

Disconnect the card and clean the slot with some alcohol. Also clean the edges of card with a ink rubber. This will remove the excess carb on the same. This had worked for me a number of time.

I face the same issue on my Nvidia card. I play Diablo and after a quiet time the screen flickers. When there are cinematics sometime the screen turns to black. But it worked back. I downloaded fresh drivers from Nvidia and installed them. It worked. You must also do the same thing. You can start with uninstalling old graphic drivers and gpu. Do that from control panel first. And then go in Device Manager and uninstall the gpu also.

Then again reboot your system. Windows will detect the card. Now run the freshly downloaded drivers and run the setup. This will work properly. Now check back. If still you are facing the same issue then there is hardware fault. Use the card till it is working and get a new one.

I doubt the vga cable. I do not have a gpu, but the same things happens to me when I am using it on my regular vga connection. I changed the cable and everything went well. I am sure you will get the issue fix by adding a new cable.