Thread: New technology might help to see 3D without glasses

New technology might help to see 3D without glasses

Is it possible to have 3D without using the glasses. My friends owns a laptop that features 3D screen. When I switch to 3D mode I have to wear the 3D glasses or else the effects are unseen. I got a mail in which there was a TV which offers 3D look without the user of goggles. Does that really work. If yes then which models are available in the same.

Re: New technology might help to see 3D without glasses

This is a new technology, but yet it is not common. It is called as Autostereoscopy. Go on Wikipedia and you can find more detailed info on the same. There are rare products available with this technology. Yet a number of manufacturers had not decided to provide this in cheaper rates.

That TV that you are talking about has auto stereoscopic display. In this there are around 10 different view of the same scene. This makes the scene look like 3D. This is some what a future technology which will take time to became common. 3D display needs glasses or else the effects are unseen. I had seen some movies near theater, but they are useless. You need a good technology to create a entire 3D image. Too much exposure to 3D affects your eyes and thinking. The impression are not good for kids. Somehow we can expect to get a better technology in future. This will be helpful in many ways. We use this to view maps, to view models, etc. This technology works with association of blu-ray media. Because that is the only thing which can offer us high definition video. This displays might make a common scene in 3D, offering a much better look.

A autostereoscopic display is entirely different hardware that will be integrated inside the TV which will make the scene to 3D mode. I hope this will be switchable because if this is constant it might irritate. There are some portable gaming console that I had seem, which are yet working on the same. It does not really give impact but there are some 3D affects. I will love to see this in the gaming technology.

Panasonic is working on the same. There are number of new 3D HDTV models that are coming up with similar display. But that would be too costly and in future it would be cheaper. Still if you go for a 3D TV with 3D glasses it is quiet costly.

Simply stated as Autostereoscopy this new technology provides a different kind of display on the TV screen. This somehow removes the usage of 3D glasses. This technology is quiet more complicated compared to the regular 3D one. It offers some angles which are adjusted automatically with the users eye. The new support is yet more costly and not achievable for every one. There are still people working on the same. The new type of display is still under experimental mode.

The products that you are seen is quiet not for sale. Recently I had seen a headgear through which you can view 3D screen easily. Remember that if you want to see 3D you have to get a movie which is actually a 3D movie. It will not convert your regular and movies into 3D. The same this applicable for glassless 3D technology also. It will be comfortable for watching, but we can hope for getting a good kind of similar video which can support autostereoscopic display.

This display will integrated with 3D lenses that will give the affect. This will be capable of giving 3D screen on blu ray disc. I hope to get this kind of displays on computer monitors so that we can enjoy good quality gameplay.

The same thing is used in Nintendo 3DS. It gives a quiet good display output without the need of 3D glasses. It is not well effective on traditional games. My friend has one. For 3D look, you have to buy games with that settings or else it does not work.

I had seen in a news that Toshiba is also working on this feature. It is going to provide a glasses free 3D type tool offering good amount of filters and output. I am trying to find the price range of this TV things. And the same thing is also adopted by Sony and Panasonic. We might have to wait. Soon at the end of this year we would get a glassless 3D display which will work smoothly offering great looks. Still there are number of issues in this. Compared to 3D glasses, this technology lacks a powerful display.

If you watch a 3D movie with glasses, you will get the real 3D effects and it does not matter how you are watching. Eye alignment with the screen is not required. While in this the eye should be properly aligned with the display. Toshiba looks to be working on similar kind of stuff which will include eye tracking thing. So that when you are moving the scene is adjusted automatically through a filter. I do not found this quiet effective. How it will manages a number of people watching movies from different places. Instead of that I would love to purchase a full fledge head gear to get 3D looks on the screen.

This is right. The technology still has a number of complications. Because of which a number of people will avoid it. I was too reading on the same. I notice that the issue is faced with the alignment stuff.

There would be a good work around on the same. If manufacturers are working on a new technology then surely they will try to provide some benefits on it. It does not really matters how they do, but it should work properly. One thing that I am worried about is the videos. If that TV is hooked on satellite cable connection, how the existing programs will work on it. Will they give the same look or they can also be converted to 3D.

I am sure there is something for that. My friend has a 3D TV. He can only see the effects on separate 3D movies. While to view regular videos, he have to disable the 3D mode. This shows 3D technology still needs a good amount of work around.

I agree with the same. It is not at all worth spending a good amount of money on device that has this much adjustment. For a average user it will become complicate to operate and handle this technology.