Thread: Zotac 680 GTX is worth it?

Zotac 680 GTX is worth it?

I was planning to get a new graphic card for myself and I think that I will go for Zotac 680 GTX. I have heard lot of positive review about this graphic card and I think this graphic card is worth for my use. This graphic car was suggested to me by many of my friends and also the people who have great knowledge about hardware appreciate this graphic card. I wanted to know if this graphic card is really good or is it just hyped. I wanted to ask if Zotac 680 GTX is worth the hype it is having.

Re: Zotac 680 GTX is worth it?

I’d say that if you are an enthusiastic gamer than Zotac 680 GTX is the graphic card made for you. With the amount of power it consumes, I’d say that it gives a good performance as compared to other graphic cards of its level. It is equipped with NVIDIA's dynamic overclocking algorithm which helps it to give good amount of speed boost. This is useful for enhancing the performance of the graphic card up to a good level. Also it uses three shot cooling technique which maintains its temperature to lower limits. The manufacturers have set its clock to a higher limit which ensures 1111 MHz base clock and 1652 MHz memory.

Zotac 680 GTX has 1536 Shader Units in it and 32 ROPS. The graphic processor that is used in Zotac 680 GTX is GK104 and transistors used in it are of 3500M.With bus width of 256 bit, video memory of 2 GB, I think this one is the one of the best graphic card available in the market right now. It also has heat pipes that will allow us to connect it to the liquid cooling system which will help us to maintain the temperature f the graphic cad properly.

Also with HDMI slot, this graphic card can be connected to bigger display units to get better quality picture. You can also watch movies of Blu-Ray quality using this graphic card.

This graphic card is best if you are interested in playing games in SLI mode. You can easily combine two of these graphic cards to get them run in SLI mode and have a powerful effect on your games and other stuff that needs graphic cards. Also with powerful chipset inserted in this graphic card, it will provide an advanced level of voltage management.

With the VID pins that are used in the chipset, this graphic card will let the user have more advanced types of controllers to be used. Also with the Kepler architecture which is used to build this graphic card, it will give an good performance over many other graphic cads available in the market.

I tried playing Alan Wake using Zotac 680 GTX and I found the results outstanding. I can play this game on my three monitor setup with resolution of the game set to 5760 x 1080 and the anti-aliasing set to the value of 4x.This graphic card is most suitable for high end gaming and other such heavy stuff like 3D rendering and video editing.

It was actually running Alan Wake at rate of 60 fps and only on few occasions it would come down to 40 fps. I think if you want a graphic card that will give you awesome output, then Zotac 680 GTX is the3 one.