Thread: Black screen with Zotac GTX 560 TI and then crash

Black screen with Zotac GTX 560 TI and then crash

I wanted to get a new video card for playing latest games and I got Zotac GTX 560 TI finally but now I am quite disappointed with it. I don’t know if there is something wrong with the card or my system, whenever I am trying to play games like Max payne 3 then after 15 minutes the whole screen goes black and stay like that until I reboot the system. Any idea what might be wrong?

Re: Black screen with Zotac GTX 560 TI and then crash

You issue is pointing more toward the card, I don’t think there might be anything wrong with your system. If you want then you can try installing the latest drive for it and check out if that’s making any difference. If not then you can test it out in other working system to confirm if there is something wrong with it or not. If you get the same response in other system as well then there might be something wrong with your card and you will have to get it checked or replaced.

Can you just let me know if you are getting black screen while playing Max payne 3 particularly or you encounter it while playing other games as well?? If it is particularly with Max payne 3 then I’ll guess it to be an issue with the game and not your card.

In that case you can try updating your graphic card driver, just make sure that you are updating to the latest available. If that doesn’t help then try updating bios of your system and check out if that helps.

No, this is not an issue with Max payne 3 particularly but I have encountered the same black screen with prototype and Bf3. I have already tried uninstalling old driver and reinstalling latest one several times but that’s not making any difference. When the screen goes black nothing works, I mean mouse, kepboard and all; I have to simply reboot it to get it working.

It works fine when I am carrying out normal task but it doesn’t when I try playing game. After your suggestion I have tried out updating the bios of my system to the latest but I don’t see any difference. Currently I have stopped gaming but I want to fix this issue somehow, any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Black screen can occur because of overheating issue as well, I will suggest you to better inspect the temperature of your card when Black screen occurs. If you find your video card temperatures to be high then you can try running your fans high while gaming.

If that doesn’t help then you try can try applying thermal paste to it if you don’t mind. If the overheating issue continues then better get it checked from the place you have bought the card and get it replaced.

I think there is something wrong with the card itself, I have just now tested out the card in my friends working system and I am getting same response from it. I don’t think this is a because of overheating as I have inspected the card and I don’t find it overheated. To be at the safer side I tried running game with my cpu case open but no luck yet. Anyways I will take back the card from where I have bought and will try to get some other one in replacement if possible. I really don’t want to get the same card again, I had expectation with this card but its first impression changed my mind.