Thread: Best graphics card without external PCIe connector

Best graphics card without external PCIe connector

I am willing to get a graphics card without need of external PCIe connector from psu. Actually my PSU PCie connector's pin has turned faulty and I am not willing to invest on the same. I don’t need a high end card but best one that can play games at 720p max without any issue. is there anyone who can suggest me couple of one’s so that I can choose one accordingly?

Re: Best graphics card without external PCIe connector

In that case you can get AMD Radeon HD 7750, I think it is one of the best cards providing below features:
    • Flexible output
    • Eyefinity support
    • Discrete digital multi-point audio
    • PCIe 3.0 support
    • Consume less power too

In short it is bestest and fastest card without a need of pci-e power connector. You can check out its detailed specification at its official site.

If you want to get a cheap one then I will suggest you to get “MSI AMD/ATI R6670 MD1GD5 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card” It is just not a cheap card but a cheap card providing better features and specification compared to other cards in the market.
    • 800 MHz GPU Clock Speed
    • PCI-E 2.1 x16 Bus Standard
    • 1 GB DDR5 Memory
    • 2560 x 1600 Maximum Digital Resolutions

It has low power consumption and remains quite cool while playing latest games as like crysis 2, mafia 2, resident evil 5 etc.

I have found these to be best powerful card without the requirement of external power from psu:
    • Amd radeon hd 7770
    • AMD Radeon HD 7750
    • AMD Radeon HD 6770

If you will mention your budget then I will suggest you some more efficient cards? By the way when you are willing to spend on a new card then why don’t you get a new psu along with it as well? You have just mentioned that something wrong with the psu? May I know what’s wrong with it? Is it running out of warranty?

The PCie connector's pin on the PSU was a bit loose, I thought that I will fix it myself. So I tried soldering it, I was quite careful as well but I don’t know what went wrong and since then it is not working. The psu is still under warranty but I can’t claim for the same as I myself have ruined it. It was a very new psu and it was my bad that I tried fixing loose PCie connector pin. If my dad comes to know about the same then I won’t get a new one soon, I have just asked him for a new video card and he said get best one according to you within 10k. Hope my situation is clear to all of you know.

I am having ATI Radeon HD 5670 and I think it is fastest DX11 gpu that does not require power cable. Its Maximum board power: 64 Watts which clear states that it is not power efficient. If you don’t want to go with Radeon HD 5670 then go with Radeon HD 6770. I don’t think that you will get better choice then these, they are offering best specification and features in their range as compared to other cards. I had the option of Radeon HD 5670 and Radeon HD 6770, before getting 5670 I had talked to some experts in this forum and they had clearly stated that I can get any one amongst these without any doubt. I don’t know if I found HD 5670 a better choice or not but since getting It I really don’t have any regrets and it works great.