Thread: Want some software which can help me to monitor VRAM usage on Radeon GPU

Want some software which can help me to monitor VRAM usage on Radeon GPU

Can anyone help me out to find a right tool that can show me the amount of vram usage. I am here talking about the video memory usage. I have dual gpu in my system. Both of them are quiet nice, but when I play game I still face black screen in between. It looks that the complete video memory is not all used properly. I need some proper tools that can help me to get a basic usage graph or image output of gpu monitoring. Thanks.

Re: Want some software which can help me to monitor VRAM usage on Radeon GPU

There are tools for that. I think GPUz can do that. It will show you the gpu details with temperature and other information. First all it is not easy to find a tool that can monitor your gpu constantly. For cpu there are tons of software. Try to install GPUz once and then check back.

I hope that can give you a clear support on the system information of graphic card that you are having in your system.

There is a small widget for windows. It is called as GPU Meter Gadget. This tool lies on your desktop screen showing up details of your graphic card. This tool is quiet nice. First it shows you the amount of gpu clock usage and temperature on the same hand. It is a very light tool that lies on your desktop even when you are playing games. But it does not maintain any kind of log or record of monitoring. It just show you the gpu usage in the form of percentage.

So if in idle still your gpu consumes more power, then there can be some issue. Either your gpu is not getting enough power to deal with proper graphic requirement or your gpu needs a firmware/driver update. I found this tool very comfortable to use on my system. Other than temperature and gpu information the tool will provide you information on fan speed. If the fan is performing slower then there is either low power supply or the fan is not working well. This all things simply reduce the gpu performance.

I am also using the same tool and it is quiet fine. Because on my new graphic card, my games were crashing. Later on I found that this is due to low power supply. I then upgraded that and now everything works fine. I added a 700w psu on my system which works quiet well on my system now.

Go for GPUz. This is one of the best tool I had seen yet. Very classic and it list all information on the screen. The software gives basic information your cpu and also the current window will show you the gpu usage. If you want to notice the gpu usage you can check under memory/ gpu load. There you can see how much gpu is used. If still your gpu does not gives a good output then there are two things you can do. Update new drivers or show the gpu once in a nearest service center.

Also you can check the gpu is heating or not. As you said that there are dual cpu on your system. Check the proper connection and verify the settings in bios. Two gpu's work together through a bridge which if not configured properly will give you poor performance. Download GPUz first and then check. It will give you more information on it.

There was a tool by AMD which does the same job. I do not remember the name. When my friend purchased a branded AMD system he got that tool pre-installed. The tool was basic which gives the gpu usage in graph mode. I tried to find that on official site but still not able to locate it.

That tool is called as AMD System Monitor. It is a complete system monitor tool. It offers you current gpu usage. I had given a download link below. But I am not sure that this works on other hardware also. I have a AMD system and it works well. But yet I had not tested this on Intel system. The software offers you cpu, gpu and ram monitoring in single window. You can figure out how much gpu is used when you are playing game. When you launch the game go to video settings and configure to play the game in window mode. Then on the same side run this software. You will understand the actual usage.

Once by upgrading the system driver can help you a lot to gain performance. The download size of AMD System Monitor is just around 900kb something. It is a very lite tool in usage. If this does not work then the next thing you can do is use GPUz. This software works on any type of hardware and quiet well to use.

There is one more software which is called as GPU Monitor 6.4. I found this on a download website. It is just a 500kb tool which scan your vram and give you clear output on the usage. There are some configuration options available which you can use to test the product.

Riva-tuner also provides the same thing. This is over-clocking software widely used. There is a hardware monitoring support provided which you can use to find out the system usage. I am sure there is some problem with your gpu. It is right that if you upgrade the firmware and driver you will surely gain a good amount of power. And with dual gpu usage you have to also find that both are working or not. There is some setting which is done from the bios. You can enable both gpu usage at a single time. The same is not at all complicated to configure and control.