Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting pop up of AMD Video transcoding device at every startup

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 04-08-2012

Getting pop up of AMD Video transcoding device at every startup

My system is having ATI AMD Radeon 9800 Video card and from some days when I am starting my computer then I am getting a cmd window pop. There are number of codes in there, I don’t have much idea about the same but it’s says "amd accelerated video transcoding device initialization". I was not getting the same popup previously but it started coming up suddenly. Any ideas what might be causing it to pop-up is there a way by which I can get rid of it?? I also wanted to know what does it do ?

Old 04-08-2012

Re: Getting pop up of AMD Video transcoding device at every startup

It won’t take much of your time, just go in to Programs and Features and check out for “AMD Catalyst Install Manage” > AMD Video Transcoding Device and uninstall it from there. If you want to just disable it rather than uninstalling it then you can go to RUN and type “msconfig” without the quotes and hit enter.

Now in window startup window just disable “amd accelerated video transcoding device initialization”. Just try out any of these solutions and let me know if face any issue with that.
Old 06-08-2012

Re: Getting pop up of AMD Video transcoding device at every startup

As far as I am aware it is a steady video feature for web browser, it is used for making video steady and clearly visible. If you don’t use it than you can uncheck AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization in msconfig as mentioned above.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , ,