Thread: While gaming Sapphire 7870 OC card crashes

While gaming Sapphire 7870 OC card crashes

I have installed Sapphire 7870 OC in my system and I did not had any issue with its installation, the problem that I am facing with it now is that the card crashes while playing games. It works fine when I carry out other task without gaming, I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong with the card. Is there anything I can do about it rather than visiting the service center and getting the card checked?

Re: While gaming Sapphire 7870 OC card crashes

There are chances where something might be wrong with your card but before coming to that point you should try out some trouble shooting. First try reseating the card, if that doesn’t makes any difference then try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver of the card and check out if that’s helping. Just make sure that you are installing the latest driver for your card from its official site.

Just try out these things first and let me know what you fins so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with further possible solution.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver for my card several times but that’s not making any difference in my case. I had made sure that I am installing the latest driver, I have tried installing other version of driver as well but no avail. I have reseated the card a couple of time and have rebooted the system as well but no luck.

I am still getting the same response from it, it just crashes while gaming. Is there anything I can try out further?? I really need to get it working somehow.

I just wanted to know if you are facing crash for some specific games or all the games?? If this issue is specific to a game then there might be something wrong with the game and not your card. If you are having another working system around you then you can test out your card in that as well. If there is anything wrong with the card then you will come to know about it. I think that will be a better option to narrow down the cause of the issue. Check out your card in other system and let me know what you get.

I have checked out for the same and have come across number of people who have faced the same. Some had mentioned that they were able to fix it out by installing the latest drivers where as some had mentioned that they were having faulty card and they had to get it replaced. Since you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the windows, I doubt your card to be faulty but before that even I will like to know what response you get for the card in other system.

I think the card is faulty, I have checked out the card in other working system and it is responding in the same way. Just to make sure that there is nothing wrong with my system I have tested other video card in it and I dint faced any issue as such. My Sapphire 7870 OC card is not crashing for some specific games but probably for all the high end games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, League of Legends etc. even I have gone through some other forums and have come across people facing the same issue. Some people had suggested me to downclock the system If am overclocking it but I haven’t overclcoked any component, so I don’t think there is any issue with that. I will be getting the card checked first and if I get a chance to replace it for some other card then ill surely go for that.