Thread: Need MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition Stock Original BIOS

Need MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition Stock Original BIOS

My system is having MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GPU and its Original BIOS seems to be corrupted. Actually when I am trying to install GeForce drivers then the system is shutting down after the Windows 7 boot screen. Is there anyone who can provide me the Stock Original BIOS or can point me to a link from where I can get it?? Currently I am using LN2 BIOS and I am not having any issue with it but I want to use its Stock Original BIOS.

Re: Need MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition Stock Original BIOS

If you have not changed anything in the vbios then I don’t think there should be any issues as such. I think there is something wrong with your video card driver. Just make sure that you are performing a clean installation of the driver of your card. You can use driver sweeper for the un-installation part and then install the latest driver for your card. Just try it out and let me know if the issue is getting solved that way.

In that case I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling video card driver a number of times but that’s not making any difference. I had made sure that I am making a clean installation and I had installed the latest driver as well. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the driver of the card but it is with the Stock Original BIOS. It has got corrupted, the system is starting up fine when I am using LN2 BIOS. Anyways is there anything else that I can try out? Can I get a non-corrupted Stock Original BIOS from somewhere so that I can test out if my video card Original BIOS is actually corrupted or not.

First of all what's the problem in using LN2 BIOS when it is working fine for you, as far as the Stock Original BIOS for your MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition is concerned you can check out for it at its official site. If you get it there then well and good, if not then I don’t think there might be anything you will be able to try further from your end. You will simply have to visit the service center for getting it fixed or replaced. If you have some other working machine around you then you can test out the card there to find out if there is something wrong with the Original BIOS of the card or your system. Just test it out and let me know what response you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with further possible solution for it.

Currently I am not having a working machine around me but I will definitely test it out as soon as I get hold of it. I don’t have any problem in using LN2 BIOS but I am using it currently because the Original BIOS of the card got corrupted and I was not able to enter windows. If I don’t get the original bios then I will use LN2 BIOS but I want to test out the Original BIOS to make sure if it is actually corrupted or not.

I also wanted to add that I have tested out my spare video card and it was working fine after installing the driver for it. So I don’t think that there might be anything wrong with my system but it is surely with the card. Anyways I’ll repost the result I get after checking it out in other system.