Thread: When is GTX 670 4GB card coming out?

When is GTX 670 4GB card coming out?

I wanted to buy a new graphic card and I chose EVGA GTX 670 4 GB. I didn’t read its full review, just the brief specifications and decided. Since I found this graphic card in the latest product section of a website, there was not much information about it available. Also there was no release date provided. So can anyone provide me some information about this graphic card and also the release date for it?

Re: When is GTX 670 4GB card coming out?

EVGA GTX 670 is a different version of EVGA GTX 680. You can say that EVGA GTX 670 is just an overclocked version of EVGA GTX 680. The only difference between these two graphic cards is that EVGA GTX 670 has certain shaders reduced from it while some extra PCBs have been added to it. This has made this graphic card somewhat cost effective as compared to EVGA GTX 680. EVGA GTX 670 is a graphic card which has GK104 GPU technology in it and one SM/SMX cluster which is disabled. Due to this built, the GK104 GPU 1344 CUDA cores help to work along with around 112 texture and 32 raster operating units.

If you are a hardcore hardware expert, you will notice that EVGA GTX 670 has less clock frequencies than EVGA GTX 680. By default the base clock speed for EVGA GTX 670 will be around 915 MHz, but if properly boosted and overclocked, then it can be raised up to 980 MHz. This means we can get EVGA GTX 670 closer to performance of EVGA GTX 680. There are four versions of EVGA GTX 670 available in market. There are two 2 GB versions of EVGA GTX 670 where one is normal one and another one is superclocked. Also there are two versions for 4 GB version of EVGA GTX 670, which is a normal one and anther superclocked.

The 4 GB EVGA GTX 670 graphic card provides and extremely large resolution graphics. Thus if you have a large monitor or will be connecting your computer to projector or some 40 inch television, then only this graphic card is useful. If you want to play games or use computer with normal sized monitor, then the 2 GB version is more than enough. It will support games like Battlefield 3 on high settings considering that other peripherals too are of same level to give it appropriate support. So first decide what purpose you will be buying the graphic card for and then go for buying it.

If I tell you that EVGA GTX 670 4 GB is actually made for graphic designing and other work that involves high definition graphics, maybe for high resolution image editing and video editing. You will see that in today’s time, there is no game that will need such a high end graphic card. Even on the 2 GB version the latest high end games will run on high resolution and details. The power consumption for the 4 GB graphic card is very high and you will need o buy good power supply unit for it. Also the heat generated by this graphic card will be large. So it if you are going for 4 GB version of EVGA GTX 670 then see to it that you have capacity to buy other peripherals too.