Thread: Set up dual monitor with a radeon 9200

Set up dual monitor with a radeon 9200

There is a simply question for you all people that unfortunately I am unable to answer (of course this is why I came here). As my title says, I need to connect two monitors with my computer system. I have purchased a Sony PCV-RS430G running windows XP into it. As according to the specifications it says that the system has Radeon 9200 video card installed into it. When I asked other people they however gave me a green signal to carry on with installing dual monitors to the computer.

But I still doubt and therefore need more suggestion and guidance about the same. Can anyone help me out with letting me know possibility of installing dual monitor with a radeon 9200 video card?

Re: Set up dual monitor with a radeon 9200

Until now the possible suggestion that I got for installing a dual monitor into the machine, sharing the configuration as same as your, was to replace the graphic card. You won’t believe I am looking out for a proper solution and steps for dual monitor installation from past 6 months but still I have not got a single positive response other than the card replacement.

Actually I need to have an extended view with the dual monitors and this is what causing the problem. I wanted to install a dual monitor with an extended screen but when I connect the monitor to the video card the LCDs do turn on and also works well but however both the display gives the same screen. Powering up the dual monitor was very much easier for me but as I said the problem is still with getting an extended view which is being almost impossible for me.

Look I haven’t tried anything like this yet but I do have certain knowledge about such dual monitor installation. As far as I know about the Radeon 9200 card, this card has the possibility of having only a single channel which in turns results in having a multiple output but however I have nowhere read that this card may have a dual display or something like that. As already said above even I think that replacing the card maybe the only appropriate option for you if you need an extended view with your dual monitor installation. If need a same screen with the dual monitor then you can do it easily.

Guess what? I have got the problem resolved and now I am enjoying my dual monitor with an extended view connected as it is to the existing Radeon 9200. I need not have to replacement the card or anything. There was only a simple application that I tried and ultimately ended up with a positive result. From the time I started facing the problem I didn’t kept quite instead I kept on searching or updating some of the other thing with regards to the card or monitors. Even I was stuck with getting the same view on both the screen and not the extended views. However last night I found that the driver of my graphic was not up to date so therefore I started searching for the updated drivers of this card at ATI official website. However I did found the latest drivers and also i got an application called as ATI Catalyst Control Center which stated that it might help me connecting dual monitors and also getting an extended view on those screens. Now things are working smooth and fine. I am enjoying my connection well; both my monitors are connected to the computer with any problem. if wanted to fulfill your wish or having a extended view dual monitors connected to the computer then go for this application called as ATI Catalyst Control Center. See to it that you get V6.11 of this app and no other older version.

No doubt this is a great application but however there are certain drawbacks that I have noticed while trying this application. Even I installed the same version application and let me tell you that even I have the same graphic card i.e. Radeon 9200 installed into my Sony PCV-RS430G. after doing all the steps for connecting the dual monitors I found that while watching the video the pictures on the screen used to stretch a lot resulting in producing blur view. I tried a lot but didn’t get any idea of eliminating the stretching effect. Is there anyone who has any idea about this thing?

Firstly I thought that it is due to not updating the video card as one of the guy above said that he first updated his 9200 from ATI website and then installed the application. Even I updated the card but found that the stretching issue still existed. I thought the application was fault and therefore I switched to Hydravision believing that it would help me in connecting the dual monitors and also help me getting an extended view with no such stretching issue. But I was completely wrong. Hydravision was instead not even able to get me to produce an extended screen. So I dropped it and again switched back to ATI Catalyst Control Center. Right I am looking into settings and the instructions of the Catalyst, might be it will help me in some way.