Thread: Playing game on hd 5750 gives random black screen

Playing game on hd 5750 gives random black screen

I have still not managed to find out the main reason for this problem. Every time I play a game, the game runs smoothly for next 15 min and then suddenly the screen of my monitor completely goes off giving just a black screen. I have been facing this problem from past month and let me tell you that the problem is not restricted to any specific game; it appears with all the games that I play. If suppose I am started the computer and if I am playing the game for the first time then it might run for next 15 to 20 minutes and then the screen will go black, now if I restart the system things may go smooth but not more than even 5 minutes. Anyone who is well aware of this issue please suggest me with a suitable solution. My computer is Windows 7 with intel core i3 540 and as already mentioned above hd 5750 1 GB graphic card.

Re: Playing game on hd 5750 gives random black screen

Without any second thought I would say that your graphic card is faulty or it is being overheated. The reason could anything but I am sure the main culprit is your graphic card because as per my personal experience if anyone faces any problem with the monitor display or screen like black screen appearing while accessing the computer or any other plain color being displayed then the problem is definitely with the video card. Either it is overheating or it is getting less power supply which is restricting the card to function or maybe your card is damaged completely. Better you check out your card and verify whether it is functioning properly.

If problem is causing only while playing the game then you might keep an eye into the temperature and the voltage of your system while you play those games in both small screen and full screen mode. I personally doubt that the temperature might be a reason for the problem. Obviously the card’s heatsink and the fan might be the core reason for the increase in the temperature which is causing the card to get overheated and ultimately resulting into a black screen. Open your case and remove the graphic card and verify whether the heatsink and the fan attached to the graphics is working properly. If not then get it repaired from any nearby retailer. Also make sure that you clean the graphics properly with a soft brush to remove all the dusts stuck on the fan and the heatsink.

Yes even I doubt that the fan or the heatsink may be the problem and not the card. Obviously card may get harmed or affected if the overheating goes beyond the normal resistance power. If you really find it getting overheated do not turn on or play games on the computer.

As already said the problem could also be due to under power of the card. And if power supply is coming into picture then definitely PSU should be considered as it is the main reason for supplying the power to the system parts. Inspect the PSU you are having right now. Is it well enough to run your card without any power. Are you sure your card is not under powered while playing those game. By the way I would also like to know the games that you play in your computer. Are they one of those games that are played only in high resolution?

For such high performance good quality HD 5750 cards I would say that a PSU should possess more than 550W of power and also it should have around 80 to 85% of efficiency. PSU having less watts may definitely cause the system to hang up or cause such blank screen problem by affecting graphic card. Mainly inspecting the graphic card is mostly recommended. See everything in it is working, clean it and install it again. Even if the display show the black screen then better inspect the PSU.