Thread: MSI Radeon HD 7850 Power Edition displays picture offset while booting

MSI Radeon HD 7850 Power Edition displays picture offset while booting

I have successfully installed MSI Radeon HD 7850 Power Edition in my system but while booting I don’t know why is it displaying picture offset. It displays picture offset while being in UEFI and Windows loading screen. After boot I am not having any such issues and things work fine as well. The issue arises during UEFI and Windows loading screen. I don’t know what all is the issue about. I have bought a graphic card for the system recently, I was just using the integrated graphic card of the board by now and had never faced any such issues with it. I just wanted to know if this can be an issue with the card or my system itself.

Re: MSI Radeon HD 7850 Power Edition displays picture offset while booting

I don’t think that there might be something wrong with the card as you have mentioned that you are not having any issues once windows get loaded. If there was anything wrong with the card then you might have noticed such weird things while carrying out your normal task as well. Anyways I just wanted to ask if you have updated the bios after installing the graphic card or not?. If not then give it a try and see if the issue is getting solved in that way. I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong with the bios.

After your suggestion I have updated the bios to the latest but that’s not making any difference. Other than this I have updated the graphic card driver to the latest as well and even that was of no help. Even I don’t think that there might be something wrong with the card but if it is not the card then what’s wrong?? Why is it producing picture offset while booting. Is there anyone who has faced the same?? I have tried checking out for the same over the web and have not come across any effective solution for fixing it. It’s not that big issue as it is not affecting my normal work but If possible I want to fix it as soon as possible.

Before I say anything on this I wanted to know which cable you are using for connecting the card to the monitor? Is it DVI vga connector or DVI to HDMI cable? If you are using DVI vga connector then try using DVI to HDMI cable and see if it is making any difference. If that does not help and if you are having some other external monitor then you can try connecting it to your system and see if that’s making any difference. I don’t think that there might be something wrong with your monitor but you can test it out to narrow down the cause of the issue.