Thread: PhysX Installation ended Prematurely error on Geforce GT540M

PhysX Installation ended Prematurely error on Geforce GT540M

My system is having Geforce GT540M video card but when I am trying to install PhysX-9.12.0213 for the same then I am getting an error saying “Installation ended Prematurely because of an error”. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong here, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me in getting rid of this error and install it successfully.

re: PhysX Installation ended Prematurely error on Geforce GT540M

That’s weird anyways I just wanted to know that have you tried installing it from C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\301.42\WinVista_Win7_64\ English\PhysX. If not then try out the same and let me know if it is making any difference. You should also make sure that you have downloaded the right version for your operating system. If that’s not the case then better try out installing the latest available driver and Physx files. If you still face the same error then let me know I will try to help you with other possible solution.

Are you making a fresh installation of the driver? If not then you should better uninstall the old driver and use Driver Sweeper for removing the leftover of the same and after that try installing Driver and Physx files and see if you are able to install it in that way. If you have any further issues with the same then feel free to ask. I don’t think you should face the same error with fresh installation. I have come across a number of people facing the same issue and most of them were able to solve it out by making a fresh installation. Best of luck.

I have tried installing from C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\301.42\WinVista_Win7_64\ English\PhysX and yes I am making a fresh installation of the driver. I have downloaded the right version of the driver as per my operating system. Other than this I have also tried installing the latest available Driver and Physx files but no matter what I am trying out I am still getting the error message again and again. I have tried out the un-installation and installation process several but doing that did not helped. Is there anything else that I can try out?? I am just running out of ideas now, further help for this will be very appreciative.

If at all you face the same error with latest version as well then you can try out installing some other older version of drivers. Make sure that you are making a fresh installation of the same as suggested above. You can either try 8.04.25 driver or 9.10.0514 driver. I have come across who was facing the same error and I his case the cause of the issue was that he was downloading x32 driver where as he had x64 operating system. So just make sure that you are not running in to such small mistakes.

Re: PhysX Installation ended Prematurely error on Geforce GT540M

There are possibilities that there might be some other program interfering with the installation of the driver. If the above solutions are not helping you out then as suggested first download the latest available driver and Physx files. Now before trying out the installation of the driver just make sure that there is no program running in the background. To be at the safer side disable the antivirus or other security program that you might be having and then proceed with the installation of the driver and Physx files. I know it is not recommended to do so while installing drivers but sometimes these things do interfere with the installation of other programs.