Thread: 4 x GTX 590 temperatures is 100 C when playing Diablo 3

4 x GTX 590 temperatures is 100 C when playing Diablo 3

My system is having 4 x GTX 590 and I have been playing games with the same on three monitors and I never had any issue with them. Today when I was playing Diablo 3 I found that the cards were getting overheated leading one of the monitor to go black. This has never happened so far with the games that I have played by now. I don’t know if this is because of the game or something. I have found that the temperature of the cards reaches almost 100 C after playing Diablo 3 for some times. As far as I am aware my system should handle the game well in Quad SLI without any issues. I have never found the temperature of the cards reaching more than 80 or 85 C but with Diablo 3 they are always crossing 95 + C. I have tried playing on lower settings with all the possible resolution but it is not making any difference and I am facing the same issue every time when I am playing the Diablo 3. What do you think guys is it an issue with the game or my system?? Any suggestions.

Re: 4 x GTX 590 temperatures is 100 C when playing Diablo 3

There are possibilities that the game might be spec demanding when running in Quad SLI. I have not found people playing this game in Quad SLI so it will be hard to guess if this is an issue with your system or the game itself. Anyways as far as workarounds is concerned I will suggest you to try running the game with dual GPUs and see if there is huge change in the temperature or not or try turning off just one card and let me know the response that you get. Which were the games you played in Quad SLI without any issues? Have you tried running the fans high?? Just check out the things that I have suggested and let me know so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

I have already tried running the game with dual GPUs and I am not having the same issue there and the temps are staying stable between 70 and 80 C. I have tried your other suggestion of turning one of the cards off but it is not making any difference and the temps are still running high. It is a clear case of overheating but I don’t think that they should get overheated up to 100 C. I have played games like crysis 2 and battlefield 3 in the same system in the same environment and never had any issues as such. I have asked the regarding this issue to some other people as well and they have to update the psu for running the game where as I am having Corsair H80 already, isn’t it should be enough?? Currently I am playing the game with dual gpus as I don’t want to take the risk of damaging my high end cards but I will like to know if there is anything else that I can try out for playing the game with 4 x GTX 590 in sli.

Corsair H80 should be enough but as I have already mentioned the game might be more spec demanding when in Quad SLI. I think that your system most probably your psu is not able to cool down the heat that might be getting generated when playing the game in three monitors with 4 x GTX 590 in sli. If possible try playing the game with the cpu case open and see if it is making any difference,if not then you will have to use a high end psu as compared to Corsair H80 or you will probably have to play the game with dual gpus. If that’s not helping and you are having enough space in your cpu case then you can try adding more case fans, if that’s not helping then I don’t think that there is any other things that you can try out for playing Diablo 3 with 4 x GTX 590.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have been running the game with the cpu case open. That was the first thing that I had tried out thinking that it would make some difference and will drop the temperature but unfortunately it did not. As far as adding case fan is concerned I am not having enough room in the case, so I will probably have to go for a high end psu. Can you suggest me some high end psu that can handle 4 x GTX 590 in sli and run the latest games without any such issues. I have checked out for the same and have found Corsair H100 to be a good option but I will like to know if I am having better options. Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So here are the best 3 psu that I have found for handling 4 x GTX 590 in sli, just check them out:

SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Active PFC Power Supply ($399):
    • It comes with 100% modular cables and cable bag
    • Capable of providing 1500W continuous and 1600W peak power
    • Since it is 80 PLUS SILVER certified power supply it is capable of providing high power efficiency and capable of handling load between 20% and 100%, which helps in saving electricity bill.
    • It has a Class-leading eight +12V rails with 110A (Peak up to 120A)
    • It can deliver 1500W continuous power output with 40°C
    • It has strict ±3% voltage regulation
    • It comes with a Silent Running 135mm fan with 19dBA minimum and Japanese main capacitors
    • It has Four PCI-E 8pin, eight PCI-E 6pin, 12 SATA connectors support, Active PFC and supports ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12V

CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply ($299)
    • It supports ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards and is compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
    • It is 80 Plus Gold certified and provides better efficiency at 50% load
    • It has an ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan for better airflow and low noise level.
    • It comes with Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99 and Universal AC input from 90~264V
    • It has a dedicated single +12V for compatibility with all the latest components.
    • It provides maximum safety with its Over-voltage and over-current protection, under-voltage protection as well as short circuit protection.
    • It comes with completely modular cable system and High-quality Japanese capacitors.
    • It maximizes the airflow with its Low-profile, flat cable design.
    • Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick

OCZ ZX Series 1250W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom ($209)

• It is also an 80 PLUS Gold certified power supply and is capable of delivering high power efficiency and can handle load between 20% and 100%. It reduces the heat and save your electricity bill.
    • It provides 1250W continuous power output and has a +12VDC @ 104A single rail design and is capable of handling multiple energy-hungry graphics cards.
    • It has a fully modular cable management system and an Ultra quiet 140mm ball-bearing fan.
    • It comes with 6x 6+2 Pin PCI-E connectors because of which 3-way CrossFireX or SLI multi-GPU gaming system.
    • It features Overvoltage/Overcurrent/Short-Circuit protection.