Thread: frames lock up while gaming with 3 EVGA GTX 470 SC

frames lock up while gaming with 3 EVGA GTX 470 SC

I have setup my computer with the 3 EVGA GTX 470 SC graphic cards and while playing game in my computer sometimes I get frames lock up for some seconds. In my computer I have windows 7 operating system, ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard. Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive and Cooler master Silent Pro Gold 900W PSU.

First I have thought this problem is with particular game and that is why I have tried different game in my computer but I get same problem with other games also. I have uninstalled graphic card drivers from my computer and then I have restarted my computer and then I have installed graphic drivers in my computer again but after doing that also I get same problem with it. Now after that I have downloaded latest graphic drivers in my computer and after downloading that in my computer I have installed it but problem does not get solved. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: frames lock up while gaming with 3 EVGA GTX 470 SC

If you have done overclocking with your EVGA GTX 470 SC graphic cards then I will suggest you to run your system with default graphic card setting and then check whether you get same problem or not? many times due to overclocking also this type of problem can take place. You have to also Go to the official site of your motherboard manufacturer and then check whether there new version BIOS is available for your motherboard. if there is new BIOS version available for your motherboard then you have to download it and then update BIOS in your computer.

I was also going though similar type of problem and updating the BIOS and running the graphic with its default setting does not helped me. I tried to find out the solution on internet and I came to know that this type of problem take place if power supply unit does not provide enough power to graphic cards. Hence I checked my computer with different power supply units with more Watts and I didn’t get any problem and that is why I have bought new power supply and my problem get solved.

If you have any other power supply to check with your computer then you have to see whether same problem occurred with different power supply unit or not? if you don’t get same problem with different power supply unit then problem is with your power supply unit only.

I guess according to my system specification my power supply is correct because with other power supplier also I was getting same problem. I have updated BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS also my problem does not get solved. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

I have find solution for this problem. All you need to do set your GVPU to 1.1 for all the all EVGA GTX 470 SC graphic cards and then restart your system and after doing this when you start playing any game in your computer at that time you will not find any issues. If you don’t know about how to set GVPU to 1.1 then I will help you with it. You have to download Evga precision tool from the official site of the Evga and then install it in your computer. After installing the EVGA precision in you have to open it and then set GVPU to 1.1 for each graphic card. now after that click on apply setting and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? If you face same problem even after changing the GVPU to 1.1 also then let me know.

Yes changing the GVPU setting can resolve this problem. in my computer I was also experiencing same problem and first I tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the graphic drivers in my computer and updating it also but problem does not gets solved. I have also tried many different tricks but result was same. while searching solution on internet I have come to know that by changing the GVPU setting we can solve this problem and that is why I have downloaded MSI afterburner in my computer and then changed the GVPU setting and after that my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.