Thread: System Reboots after installing GPU on MSI 945GCM5-F V2 motherboard

System Reboots after installing GPU on MSI 945GCM5-F V2 motherboard

I have MSI 945GCM5-F V2 mother board with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU which I brought 3 years before. I am gamer guy so brought this system to play the games. I install ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphic card to get more gaming support. After installing graphic card system started create problems. Problems are system is suddenly freeze, system shows blue screen at the time of playing games, computer is automatically restarted randomly, etc. I notice that computer started give problem after installing graphic card. So, I remove the graphic card and check the system. It is working well after removing graphic card. I don’t understand why my motherboard is not supports this card? Anyone have any idea what I did wrong.

Re: System Reboots after installing GPU on MSI 945GCM5-F V2 motherboard

I also have MSI 945GCM5-F V2 motherboard but never get that kind of problem in my system. I think you should not fix card properly. First check it because sometimes loose connection also creates the problems. It is necessary that the gpu is fixed properly. Other than this go in bios and then in the display configuration configure gpu/vga setup. So that if you are not able to use it on gpu you can atleast check that the system is turning on default vga port. Check that if possible.

I install graphic card properly and I already check it many times for proper installation. I am sure there is no loose connection in between graphic card and PCI slot. I am also check for latest driver version of my graphic card on internet. I got some new upgrades and I install it in my system but cannot solve the problem.

I also have approximately same configuration computer. I have MSI 945GCM5-F V2 motherboard with dual core CPU. I occurred same problem along with my system when I install new graphic card. I find many things about this problem on internet and solve the problem myself. We have two PCI express slot in our motherboard one is PCI Express x16 slot and another is PCI Express x1 slot and I wrongly inserted my graphic card in second one slot. So, I remove the card from that slot and insert in PCI Express x16 slot because graphic card works on x16 slot and finally solve the problem that way. Check the compability of your graphic card and motherboard for more detail and compare them. And also check the pins of PCI slot is proper and make sure there is no problem in that. I hope that will solve your problem.

Sometimes that kind of problem is occurred because of low range and low wattage of power supply. Power supply fails to supply proper power to some component and problem is started. You are ruining your whole system, extra exhaust system and graphics card along with single 350W power supply and your power supply cannot take that much load. That requires some high wattage power supply around 450-500W to run your system proper. I think buy a new power supply. I suggest you to buy Corsair Builder Series VS 450 Power Supply. That is perfect for you. And if does not solve your problem than finally your graphic card is defeated. Check your graphic card along with another system and make sure it is working fine.