Thread: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M giving blue screen (BSoD) on HP Compaq 8710w

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M giving blue screen (BSoD) on HP Compaq 8710w

hi guys this is really very annoying , I have this HP Compaq 8710w laptop which has the NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M as the graphic card and it has 8 GB of RAM , lately this laptop is have the blue screen issue . I just submitted my laptop to the HP service center and fixed the issue by installing the Windows 7 32 bit to solve the problem but the problem is that I want to use the Windows 7 64 Bit in my laptop. That been said the issue is still not solved , the laptop still have this Blue screen after 10 to 30 seconds of starting , I don’t know what the problem is , I have to reboot the laptop to the safe mode with networking to use it but as soon as I restart the laptop it give me this problem , I have even installed few graphic driver for the official site but even that is not helping on , I even tried the windows vista but same issue , is there any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

thanks in advance

Re: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M giving blue screen (BSoD) on HP Compaq 8710w

Even I actually have the same issue i buy a BlueScreen when I connect my pc (Dell M6300, Windows seven final x64) to the corporate network at work. This happens with the network affiliation being wireless or wired! additionally it does not happen immediately however takes from some seconds up to many minutes till the blue screen comes. If i do not connect with the corporate network the system runs with none issues. This issue is perfectly reproducible. And till the system crashes the network affiliation is functioning. It additionally does not matter if there's activity on the affiliation or if it's idle. I actually have the same graphic card . nVidia Quadro FX 3600M has been widely used. Disabling the 3GB put on a Windows XP thirty two bit operating system using graphic cards and therefore the stop problem from occurring.

Random repetitive artifacts on the screen usually followed by a whole lock-up (Windows works even with corrupted screen till the lock-up therefore its not system memory). an equivalent screen corruption is additionally visible on VGA output too that may be a indication of GPU fault as described in USA category action threads however when this weekend I actually have no show output on the LCD or VGA output despite the fact that I will hear Windows come back up and check in when fingerprint scan therefore the system is functioning aside from the graphics. i made a decision to ring Dell nowadays and had a frustrating decision with one in all their tech support guys who said there was no known issue with this model however accepted that they had issues within the past with some NVidia chips soldered onto the motherboard however this could not be the case here because the graphics chip was on a separate card and their system would have alerted them if there was. i discussed the US category action where NVidia accepted liability for this model which NVidia's net web site even listed the M6300 manufactured between 2007 and 2009 as being effected however he wasn't budging from his initial stance that it didn't apply to my system are not all of them manufactured at an equivalent factory? essentially I had one alternative, I may request an engineer to come back out and fix the problem however it might be at my expense. 'm not happy and convinced there's nothing wrong with my system is functioning except the graphics card that appearance to me like its the known issue most are talking of

There was a time when the matter went away on it's own. i used to be viewing some photos and everything simply went clear with no stripes. However, when one restart ... everything came back. If I try and watch a movie currently, even a daily xvid, the FPS is kind of low, as if the video card isn't even put in. I additionally get a yellow exclamation mark on the FX3600 within the device manager therefore it's 100 percent a GPU issue. if I try and hook the laptop to an external device, via VGA as an example, i buy no signal on the cable. If I press FN + F8 as usual to alter the show, the laptop's show get's black because it must however i buy nothing on the external show. From what I will tell, if i'm watching a picture with uncountable colors, the stripes are solely visible within the brightest areas and do fade out within the darkest ones, i do not apprehend if this is smart.

Could you please tell me some specific video cards models that might slot in here ? nVidia or others. I found that a replacement FX3600M would price regarding 130$ on ebay, and to be honest it isn't that a lot of considering that alternative a lot of a lot of lower finish cards ( FX1600 ) have gotten near 80-100$. However, I may most likely be pleased with one thing manner lower, as lately i'm not operating with 3D applications or play games as I used to within the past. i take advantage of it largely for net and a few HD video watching. i'm terribly disappointed that such a HIGH end card has this shameful issue .

I had somewhat same issue had it for 7-8 minutes within the oven, two hundred Celsius which it everything came back to traditional. I actually have to feature that currently i am on vacation in France ( I live in Romania ). I keep at a friend's house in north of France and that i have done this whole procedure with a flat screwdriver that I found round the house and that i had to use a pile on to induce it to a small degree smaller and sharper therefore it may open the Philips screws. i do know I must have waited to reach home where really have my tools however i do not have a oven with a temperature set back home and my friend has one here therefore i could not wait and got on with it ) o be honest i'm to a small degree shocked this whole issue actually worked, though it looks to be an enormous success on an outsized range of individuals. do not know what proportion can this work, however a minimum of currently i do know what to try and do. i will be able to have to be compelled to open the "animal" after I get home anyway, as I actually have to tighten up the screen hinges to a small degree ( I did not wish to open the screen here ) and I actually have to alter the thermal paste on the GPU and CPU. The one mounted originally is such a defective and that i have already got heat problems with the CPU as is. Thanks everybody for the suggestions and hopefully I will not have to be compelled to rebake it early on i would simply keep an eye fixed for a unique spare card simply in case. i really like this laptop, it's very a pleasant machine, The display is good , at the moment I need a new battery hence I will be holding on to it for a some more.

If the system works fine when you bought it back from HP, doubtless this is often not a hardware issue. are you able to list the particular driver versions you have got put in for your GPU? I actually have downloaded the driver and can install it throughout the weekend and can report the standing. I assume that this driver must be uninstalled from the system initial...? only for your information: the HP 8710w notebook came with the 167.58 driver that is nowadays the sole opt for for Vista sixty four and FX 3600M from HP... i'm running on the 188.78 driver that is that the last version counseled from Autodesk for Revit... Accidently I actually have left Vista to update the driving force beneath Microsoft official update service of Windows to version 296.10, that was disaster for the notebook (Blue Screen of Death when every reboot). though Revit 2012 was stabil on the 188.78 driver (but just when the first update from Autodesk) it's currently once more terribly unstabil and infrequently crashing with Revit 2013...