Thread: Unable to start computer after installing BFG GeForce 8400GS

Unable to start computer after installing BFG GeForce 8400GS

Hi friends I am using computer in which I have windows 7 operating system. My computer was working fine but when installed my BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card from that time it has started giving me problem. my computer does not start after installing the BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card. First I thought it is connection issue and that is why I have removed graphic card from my computer and then connected it again but result was same. If I tried to start my computer after removing the BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card at that time it works properly. I have also tried to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS in my system but that didn’t help me to resolve this problem. I have also checked my BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card with another PCIe slot in my PC but it didn’t make any difference. is there anything wrong with my computer or problem is with my BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card?

Re: Unable to start computer after installing BFG GeForce 8400GS

It looks like problem is with the BIOS setting. you have to check whether you have disabled onboard VGA in the BIOS or not? If you have not changed the BIOS setting then I will suggest you to first remove BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card from your computer and then start your PC, open BIOS setting in your computer and then disable the onboard VGA and then save those settings. After doing that you have to connect BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card and check whether you can start your computer or not? Maybe after changing the BIOS setting your problem will get solved. I would like to know your computer specification so that I can find correct solution according to that. You have to also make sure that you have latest BIOS in your computer.

Have you check your BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card with any other computer? if not then I will suggest you to connect your BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card with any other computer and then check whether you are getting same problem or not? if you get same problem after connecting your BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card with other computer then it means something wrong with your graphic card other wise problem is with your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    It looks like problem is with the BIOS setting. you have to check whether you have disabled onboard VGA in the BIOS or not? If you have not changed the BIOS setting then I will suggest you to first remove BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card from your computer and then start your PC, open BIOS setting in your computer and then disable the onboard VGA and then save those settings. After doing that you have to connect BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card and check whether you can start your computer or not? Maybe after changing the BIOS setting your problem will get solved. I would like to know your computer specification so that I can find correct solution according to that. You have to also make sure that you have latest BIOS in your computer.
    I have changed the BIOS setting and then tried to start computer with BFG GeForce 8400GS graphic card but that does not make difference. i have latest BIOS in my computer. my computer specification is MSI motherboard, 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor, cooler master Elite Power 400W and 500GB HDD. When I connect my graphic card with any other computer at that time I don’t any problem. Please help me out with this.

you have mentioned that you are using cooler master Elite Power 400W PSU which is not enough because your graphic card needs more power and that is why I will suggest you to buy PSU with 600W and then your problem will get solved. you should buy Toughpower Standard 600W power supply. It has 24-pin Main Connector, 8-pin Power Connector and 4-pin Power Connector, it has Over Current Protection and Over Load Protection which is very good. I hope you will find this information useful.