Thread: EVGA GeForce GTX 670, after overclocking, is better than GTX 680 stock

EVGA GeForce GTX 670, after overclocking, is better than GTX 680 stock

Hello friends, I would like to know that if I am doing overclocking of the GeForce GTX 670, so will be there any difference in performance, such that it will be working much better then GTX 680 stock card. I have not done the overclocking of the card, so before going for that I would like to know difference in the performance of the overclocked card and stock card. Does anyone have tried it, please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 670, after overclocking, is better than GTX 680 stock

If you are going for the overclocking of the card there will be difference in the performance, but I do not know that it will be better than GTX 680 stock card. Most of the time it is being seen overclocking card does perform very well comparison to the higher card of that same series. If that is working the same thing over here also then I would suggest that you should go for it. I am having one solution for you, such that first you check out what the actual performance of GTX 680 card is, and when you will be overclocking the GTX 670 then it will be surely giving high performance then the GTX 680 one. Just compare both of them and you might be able to come to a conclusion that overclocking is worth for you or not.

Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 670, after overclocking, is better than GTX 680 stock

There are couples of things which are able to see that GTX 680 remains in the GTX 670. There are some of the changes, such that GTX 670 is having the seven Streaming Multiprocessors enabled in it, whereas the GTX 680 is not having the eight one, which I believe it should have that, if that was possible then it might have given 1,344 CUDA cores at its disposal rather than the 1,536 CUDA cores in the top of the GTX 680 card. If you just check out the below comparison table then it is very much hard to tell that performance of which card will be the best one, as there is reduction in CUDA cores and also not know what is the exact core clock speed for both of the cards. Some of the overclocking models have told that if you wanted to operate GTX 680to match up speeds of 1,006MHz then the actual or stock clock should be cut down a notch to maintain a clear divided among the two single-GPU GTX 600-series. So if you would be doing the overclocking then it will be surely effecting in the performance.