Thread: Release date of Evga GTX 680 FTW and 680 FTW 4GB

Release date of Evga GTX 680 FTW and 680 FTW 4GB

Hi all, I a m posting here to know that what is the release date for GTX FTW & FTW 4GB. There are various assumptions made on many of the websites but there is no official announcement for that. I want to hear from the people over here that according to them when this can be available. Also post with the features that we are going to get along with that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this in advance.

Re: Release date of Evga GTX 680 FTW and 680 FTW 4GB

I am not very sure about this but it is expected that this is going to be available in May/June. I know that there is no official announcement for this and so no one can predict perfect date for the release but there are more chances that it will be released by the month of june. They are going to launch five cards in the group of GeForce GTX 680 SuperClocked...
    • GTX 680 SuperClocked
    • GTX 680 backplate with SuperClocked
    • GTX 680 SuperClocked Signature
    • GTX 680 backplate with SuperClocked Signature
    • GTX 680 Signature 2 SuperClocked

For me, I think that the 4 GB looks more than I want to pay but it will be worth to pay for 2 GB. One thing that disappoints me the most is to wait for one more month for that card which is very much similar to that of SC Sig and I can get that now as well. So, why to wait for that card to be released. If we do not see software voltage unlocking then will 8 Phase will going to create much dissimilarity against 4 or 5 Phase. I a m thinking to overclock the card that I will get. I am not sure that if the card is going to worth for its price. So my suggestion to you is not to get the card directly after its release. After the release of it, look for the response from the people who are using that and on the basis of that, we will be able to decide that whether to get the card or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvert View Post
    For me, I think that the 4 GB looks more than I want to pay but it will be worth to pay for 2 GB. One thing that disappoints me the most is to wait for one more month for that card which is very much similar to that of SC Sig and I can get that now as well. So, why to wait for that card to be released. If we do not see software voltage unlocking then will 8 Phase will going to create much dissimilarity against 4 or 5 Phase. I a m thinking to overclock the card that I will get. I am not sure that if the card is going to worth for its price. So my suggestion to you is not to get the card directly after its release. After the release of it, look for the response from the people who are using that and on the basis of that, we will be able to decide that whether to get the card or not.
    I would like to tell you that the signature is having 5 Phase and if we talk about the FTW then that is having 8 Phase PWM. If we see the 690 then this will be two 680's through 4 Phase 2GB for each side. So there are some differences between these. Don’t think that this is the same. Other than this, I think that there is time for the release of this as they have not mentioned anything regarding this on their website. So user might have to wait long to get this version.