Thread: fps dropped to 6-7 with GTX 680 sli

fps dropped to 6-7 with GTX 680 sli

Earlier I was using two AMD graphic card in my computer and system was working properly and then I decided to change graphic cards in my computer and that is why I have bought two Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card and done all required SLI setting according to instruction but the problem which I am facing is with the frame rates which drops annoyingly. While searching information on internet regarding this problem I have come to know that there are many users who face similar problem but there were no proper solution mentioned regarding this. I have removed graphic card from my computer and then connected it properly again but that didn’t make any difference. what should I do to solve this problem. any help will be appreciated.

Re: fps dropped to 6-7 with GTX 680 sli

In your problem you have mentioned that you earlier you were you using AMD graphic cards and that is why first I will suggest you to check whether you have removed old drivers completely or not? you should first uninstall Nvidia graphic drivers from your computer and after removing Nvidia graphic drivers from your computer you have to download drivers cleaner and run it in your computer. After running the drivers cleaner in your computer you have to restart your system and then install your Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card drivers in your computer again in your computer and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? you have to also try to solve this problem by visiting the official site of the Nvidia and then downloading latest drivers from there website and installing it in your computer, many times installing latest drivers can resolve this issue. you have not mentioned any details about your computer configurations, provide details of your PC configurations.

From my computer I have removed all the drivers by running driver cleaner and then I have installed Nvidia drivers again but after that also I was experiencing same problem. now after that I have downloaded latest drivers for my Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card from Nvidia official site and installed in my computer but after that also I was facing FPS dropping problem in my computer. I have Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX motherboard, 8GB RAM, phenom X4 965 processor, Evga GeForce GTX 680 graphic card X 2 and 1TB Western digital hard drive.

In PhysX configuration setting you have to check what is set for processor? IF processor is set to CPU then you need to change it to auto or disable it and then see whether it makes any difference or not? if you don’t know how to change PhysX setting then you need to first open start menu and then you have to go to the all programs and then click on Nvidia and then open Nvidia control panel or right click on your desktop and then you have to select Nvidia control panel and then you have to expand 3D setting option from the left pane. Now after expanding 3D setting option from the left panel you have to click on the “Set SLI and PhysX configuration” and then you have to see what set in as processor under PhysX settings? If you see CPU option is selected then you have to click on processor dropdown box and then select disable or auto option and then click on ok button. I hope this solution might be helpful for you.

I was also having problem in my computer with Nvidia SLI setting and I have tried solve this problem by with help of various solutions but that does not make any difference. now after that one my friend told me to change the PhysX setting and set processor to auto and then I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved. you should also change PhysX setting in your Nvidia control panel and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

If you have Ant aliasing –FXAA feature turned on in the Nvidia control panel setting then it can be a reason behind this problem. Go to Nvidia control panel and then select Manage 3D setting option and click on Global setting tab. After doing that you have to click on the Ant aliasing –FXAA dropdown box and then select off. Now click on OK and then check whether same problem is occurring or not? I am suggesting you this solution because in friends computer same problem was occurred and reinstalling and updating the drivers didn’t help to solve this problem and that is why he tried to fix this problem by turning off the Ant aliasing –FXAA and then problem get solved.

Thank you for helping me. I have opened Nvidia control panel and then changed processor to auto in PhysX setting and then I have clicked on ok button but after performing those steps also I was having FPS problem. Now after that I have also disabled FXAA option in Nvidia control panel but that does not make any difference. is there any other way to resolve this problem? Please help me out with this.

As far as I know there is new BIOS version 1102 available for your Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX motherboard which may resolve this problem. According to me you should open Asus official site in your computer and then search for the Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX motherboard. From the Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX motherboard page you have to click on the download tab and then click on operating system dropdown box. Now select your operating system and then expand BIOS option. Now look for the Version 1102 and then click on Global option which will prompt you to save the file. Once you download the file you have to extract BIOS file from it and then burn bootable CD and then update the BIOS with the help of it and then you have to see whether updating the BIOS resolves your problem or not?