Thread: Red screen of Death with GeForce GTX 680

Red screen of Death with GeForce GTX 680

I was just surfing on internet and suddenly I fou8nd that the whole screen got screaming red. I am not able to understand that what is the reason for this but it happens randomly and expecially when I surf on internet. I am using GeForce GTX 680, I am not sure that whether that ca n be reason for this problem. If you are aware of any solution or reason for this problem then please let me know that.

Once this happens then I am left with just one option and that is to restart the computer. After restarting the computer, there is no problem with that unless it happens again. This is very frustrating for me to restart the computer all the times and so I am looking for some permanent fix for this problem. I will be thankful for all the reply for this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Red screen of Death with GeForce GTX 680

The GeForce GTX 680 high-end graphics card is a big hit for Nvidia because this comes with low power consumption and high performance. But more and more users now report the "Red Screen of Death" phenomenon. When carried up, the computer suddenly hung with a red screen and respond only to reset the video driver, after a restart. The developer of diagnostic and benchmarking concluded the tool "Aida 64" that formerly known as the "Everest", have discovered the cause of this error. In previous versions of the GeForce GTX 680, the BIOS information was stored in a register directly in the GPU. In newer versions of the graphics card, Nvidia has decided to outsource this to an external flash chip. Consequently, access to all the programs that get the BIOS information to register a non-existent. This interferes with the graphics drivers and ultimately caused the crash.

They are already aware of this problem and I am sure that they will release some update for this so that the problem with this will be resolved. This is not just you who is facing this but there are also many of the other users with the same problem and they all are waiting for the update to be released. I don’t think that there is any work around for this by that time and users who are having this problem will have to wait by the time any update is released from the developers. I a m also in the same queue and waiting for the same.

Have you overclocked your computer? If yes then that could be one of the most possible reasons for this problem. Many of the times, it is seen that overclocking computer results in red screen on death and so I think that this is same in your case as well. What you can do is just underclock your computer and use that normally. See if you are getting the same problem after this as well. If you are not getting RSOD again then it will confirm that overclocking is the reason for this problem. So try with this and reply back if it is not helpful to you so that we can try to get it resolved in some other possible ways as there are a few secondary possibilities as well for this problem.

Red screen appear while using monitoring programs of the card, and have taken the blame on GPU-Z, AIDA or other monitoring programs. AIDA makers themselves have said that the source of the problem is not their fault, since his program reads a record from the BIOS. Initially the information was stored in this register, but new units cards have changed to a flash site and when trying to read that reproduces the error. To prevent this, it is recommend using the build 1911 version of this software. It follows that any software not updated to use the same method of reading that can cause this screenshot AIDA red new GTX 680. While some users report the death of his VGA and has been dubbed the red screen of death, recalling the famous failure of the Xbox 360, the truth is that most users have encountered this error saying that it is simple graphical error that will force us to restart the system and stop using the tool until new update.