• EVGA GeForce GTX 680
    • Evga P67FTW
    • I7 2600k 4.5
    • G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 2133
    • Antec SG850
    • Vertex 3 120g
    • Fortress FT02 Case
    • Logitech Z906.

I have recently installed EVGA GeForce GTX 680 in the system and since then the problem that I am facing is that the screen is going black after loading screen in Unigine and I have to force reboot the system but then I have found that when the screen goes black then I am still able to hear the audio, I have faced the same with Star Wars: The Old Republic, I never had the same issue with Unigine, Star Wars: The Old Republic, 3Dmark11 previously but then I don’t know what’s wrong with EVGA GeForce GTX 680, I had made sure that I am uninstalling the old drivers and making a clean installation of the drivers for 680 but then I am still getting the same response, is there anything that I can try out or anything that I need to check out to get rid of this issue??

Re: Black Screen is occurring randomly with EVGA GeForce GTX 680

Quote Originally Posted by Gulbulay View Post
    My system specification is as followed:
    • Win7 64bit
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 680
    • Evga P67FTW
    • I7 2600k 4.5
    • Antec SG850
    • Vertex 3 120g
    • Fortress FT02 Case
    • Logitech Z906.

I have recently installed EVGA GeForce GTX 680 in the system and since then the problem that I am facing is that the screen is going black after loading screen in Unigine and I have to force reboot the system but then I have found that when the screen goes black then I am still able to hear the audio, I have faced the same with Star Wars: The Old Republic, I never had the same issue with Unigine, Star Wars: The Old Republic, 3Dmark11 previously but then I don’t know what’s wrong with EVGA GeForce GTX 680, I had made sure that I am uninstalling the old drivers and making a clean installation of the drivers for 680 but then I am still getting the same response, is there anything that I can try out or anything that I need to check out to get rid of this issue??
    I think that I can help you out here, actually I was having the same issue previously and I was not able to track out the cause of the same as well and I had received a rma for the same as well but then the issue was still there and I was running out of ideas but then while looking after looking after a solution for the same in other forum I found one mentioning that there might be some issue with the cable and he suggested me to use a DVI-DVI cable where in my case I was using DVI-HDMI cable, so after using DVI-DVI cable the issue way the monitor was appearing to be better, I had tried out setting the Power Management Mode to 'Prefer Maximum Performance' instead of 'Adaptive,' but then it had not made any difference case, so if you want then you can try out these two possible solution and see if the issue is getting solved or not.

Hey thanks for the same now I have started using DVI-DVI cable and yes the issue is appearing to be solved, I was using the HDMI because I needed the sound via my monitor, I have found that the black screens is happening with different cable using different cable, anyways I am happy that I have fixed the issue for now but then I just wanted to know that is this an issue with the ports or the monitor, I also wanted to add that I have not faced the same issue with the 580DS but then have faced it with 680, after using DVI-DVI cable the flickering issue has been solved out as well, I really hope this to get fixed with some driver update.

I am having the same issue with EVGA GeForce GTX 680, in my case whenever I am running a 3d application then the screen is just turning black locking the system in that state, I have faced the same while browsing as well but then it happens randomly there, the issue started when I connected one one HDMI to the TV directly and a DVI to the 120hz monitor but then after removing the HDMI I found that it was happening with just the DVI, I had tried reinstalling Display drivers but then the issue was not getting solved and I was left with the same, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the PSU as in my case it is powerful enough for handling EVGA GeForce GTX 680,I am having a Corsair 1200W PSU, I had not faced any issue with the previous card that I was using so I just wanted to know if this is a common issue with EVGA GeForce GTX 680 or what??

I have faced the same black screen with no video signal crash with EVGA GeForce GTX 680 while playing BF3 even after updating the driver to 301.10 but then it was not making any difference, later I tried out 301.24 betas but then I was still having the same issue and even the betas did not helped,, I don’t think that this issue is because of the powersupply as I have used 3 470's with the same powersupply and I did not had any such issues with it, I think that this is some kind of driver issue that will be solved in the nest update and so but then till then if anyone finds out any other effective solution for this then please share it here, it will be appreciated.
    My system specification:
    • CM Stacker 830SE / Corsair AX 1200 / EVGA X58 3XSLI
    • Intel CI7 920 @ 3.77Ghz / Corsair 6GB (3 x 2GB) Dominator DDR3 1600MHz/
    • THERMALRIGHT, Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT CPU Cooler
    • 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 680's / 2x WESTERN DIGITAL, 640GB WD Caviar Black (WD6401AALS) (Raid 0)
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64

My system specification is as followed:
    • Antec 900 ATX Tower, Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H 790GX Motherboard
    • AMD Phenom II x4 955
    • Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600
    • EVGA 2GB GTX 680, 160GB X25-M SSD, 2 x WD Caviar Black HDDs (500GB+640GB)
    • LG 8x Blu-ray Burner
    • Corsair HX620W PSU
    • Win 7 Pro x64

I have faced the same, I was just able to get to the Gigabyte logo after the system use to boot up and after that I used to get a blank screen with a green square in the middle but then later after switching on and off the PSU the system booted up fine and, I don’t know what is the issue all about as I still face the same issue after some hours and I have to try out switching on and off the PSU all the time.

I have recently set up MSI GTX 680 and I am facing the same issue, this happened when I was playing Skyrim and BF3 but then I was able to get in to the task manager by cltr alt del and then ending the task, I also wanted to add that in Skyrim I was getting a buzzing sound where as in Star Wars: The Old Republic the screen use to keep flashing slowly, I am really getting confused as I have found some people mentioning that this is an driver issue and some have mentioned that this is an issue with the power supply but then I don’t think that there is any issues with the power supply so it will be probably with the drive, I am using DVI ports as well as HDMI port and I don’t think that might be making any difference, is there anything that we can try out to get rid of this issue??
    • i7 950 stock,
    • 16gig Cosair 1600mhz,
    • 120gb Patriot SSD, 240gb Patriot SSD RAID 0, 600gb VelociRaptor,
    • Asus Rampage III Extreme,
    • EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked HD,
    • CoolMaster Haf 932,
    • Cosair 850watt.

Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I have recently bought Shogun 2 Fots as I just loved the game and wanted to check it out and I was expecting to be running on max with avg 60 fps but then after running the game I started facing the black screen like you all, I have done a fresh installation of the windows after formatting with` WHQL drivers, in my case the system specs are:
    • Win7 64bit
    • Evga 680
    • Evga P67FTW
    • I7 2600k 4.5
    • Antec SG850
    • Vertex 3 120g
    • Fortress FT02 Case
    • Logitech Z906.

I have tried installing the latest driver but then it is not making any difference in my case, I have not yet tried out the beta drivers but then I will check out the same and will let you know the response, I have found a no of people mentioning that they have solved out the same issue by installing the beta drivers, so if anyone wants then they can try out as well.