Thread: Dead pixels and screen tearing with EVGA GeForce GTX 680

Dead pixels and screen tearing with EVGA GeForce GTX 680

I have recently bought EVGA GeForce GTX 680 and have connected it to a Samsung S27A750D 120Hz with DVI but then I don’t know why I am facing screen tearing + dead pixels in center of the monitor in a vertical line, I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who can helping me out in getting rid of this issue?? I can it be because of the driver? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    My system specification is as followed:
    Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    • CPU Type: Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
    • CPU Speed: 3.74 GHz
    • System Memory: 8 GB
    • Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
    • Video Card Memory: 3.95 GB
    • Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    • Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080
    • Hard Disk Size: 931.41 GB
    • Hard Disk Free Space: 228.87 GB
    • Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D - Evo

Re: Dead pixels and screen tearing with EVGA GeForce GTX 680

In that case I just wanted to know the below things:
    Have you tried out the latest driver for the EVGA GeForce GTX 680? Have you
    1. tried out the BETA drivers?
    2. Have you tried out changing DVI cable from DVI-I port to DVI-D port
    3. Have you tried out changing the games settings?
    4. Have you tried changing 100hz / 60hz?

Just check out the above things and perform the solutions that you might have not and then let me know the response you are getting so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same.

I will answer you in the same manner:
    1. I have tried installing the latest version of the driver as well as a number of other versions of drivers but then they have not helped. I have tried out the BETA drivers as well but then even they are not making any difference and I am still getting Dead pixels and screen tearing with EVGA GeForce GTX 680.
    2. I have tried changing DVI cable from DVI-I port to DVI-D port but then I did not have any luck with the same.
    3. I had not tried out changing the game settings as they were untouched since installing EVGA GeForce GTX 680 and everything was working fine as well but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and the screen started tearing, after your suggestion I have tried out changing the possible game settings but then it is not helping.
    4. I have tried out changing 100hz / 60hz as well and it seems to be helping for some while but then the issue is appearing again after some time.

Is there anything else that I can try out?? Is this an issue because of the driver and so??

I will suggest you to take a print screen of the artifact that you might be getting and upload the same here so that I can go through it and find out what exactly is causing that issue, I also wanted to know that have you enabled the VSync, if you are not sure about the same and wants to confirm it then just check out your FPS and make sure that you are capped to your monitors refresh rate. You should also enable the VSync from NVIDIA control panel, just try out these possible workarounds and then let me know what you are getting and don’t forget to post the screen shot of the artifact that you are getting.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have found one uploading the artifact video on youtube which is same as that of mine, so you can just google out “GTX 680 problem” and check out the video, other than this the monitor refresh rate is 120hz and I have enabled the VSync from the NVIDIA control panel and I am currently using the BETA nvidia drivers but then the issue is appearing again it is random, some time it works fine and some time don’t, I just wanted to know that should I get a displayport cable for connecting the card?? Some people have suggested me the same in other forums, I have been looking out after an solution for the same in other forum as well but then I have not yet found an effective solution for fixing this, so was thinking of getting a displayport cable for connecting the card, what do you guys think about the same will it help, is there anyone who have tried out the sane and has got any success??