Thread: How to use EVGA 690 GTX and another brand 690 GTX in quad sli setup?

How to use EVGA 690 GTX and another brand 690 GTX in quad sli setup?

I want to ask that if this is possible to make use of the EVGA 690GTX and some other brand 690GTX with the quad sli setup. I a m asking this because the EVGA only allows us to use one card for one customer, so I wish to make use of another 690GTX which is created by a different vendor within a quad sli setup. I also want to know that if this is required that bothe the cards must be from the EVGA. I really know nothing about this and so I am posting the same over here to have some suggestion from the people over here. If you are having anything that can be helpful for me then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

re: How to use EVGA 690 GTX and another brand 690 GTX in quad sli setup?

As far as I know that they both are having same amount of VRAM and so this is going to work for you. Nvidia was the first in the competition launched graphics cards with dual-core and 28nm-made new generation. Under the same two core PCB hide GK104 in internal SLI. The GTX 690 has GeFoce 1536 CUDA cores, 2GB of GDDR5 memory interface and 256-bit memory per core. In total this comes equipped with CUDA cores, 4GB of GDDR5 memory interface and 512Bits. Operating frequencies are at 915MHz for the cores being of 1.019Mhz, Boost GPU frequency and memory operates at effective 6.008Mhz. The TDP is 300W estimated as video outputs and has three DVI and MiniDisplayPort, optionally you can put a DVI-HDMI adapter.

There is nothing new as compared to the reference design, the graph is exactly the same offering by Nvidia. EVGA offers two models, one based on the reference model (04G-P4-2690-KR) and another called GTX 690 Signature Edition (04G-P4-2692-KR). The difference is that the model Signature Edition EVGA includes a jersey and a mouse mat, the price rises $ 50 over the other model.

If the EVGA 690 GTX was just to be made through Nvidia then any of the branded 690 is going to function together but if there is some of the variation as of the partner then that is not going to defined as the 690. In this case there is less possibility that it will work together. This is what I think about this and I am quite sure that it is going to have in this way only. Let’s wait and see if someone else can post with any detailed information regarding this or not.

I would like to tell you that all of the 690's from every partner is almost the same and this is the reason that it makes possible to mix and match a Evga through an ASUS etc without any problem. If we talk about the Evga.com then this is the only one that restrict us for purchasing only 1 690. If you want then you can easily get another Evga 690 as of a E-Tailer and that will work for you. I am telling you this because of just one reason and that is the service level of Evga. As far as I know that evga is trying to organize e-bayers. But I think that it will be better if they can put the limit as two, this is because some people would like to quad SLI these cards but they are told that you can just purchase 1 from them and to get more, we have to go somewhere else.

If we talk about the quad sli 690's then you are going to get that cool looking bridge. This is the same which was shown in the press release. This is having the bridge through the same color scheme.