Thread: Most of the high end game is crashing with evga 680 on windows 7 64 bit

Most of the high end game is crashing with evga 680 on windows 7 64 bit

I have recently installed EVGA GeForce GTX 680 on windows 7 64 bit and trust me I am having the worst experience for playing games with it, I mean that most of the games are just crashing, sometimes they just crash after a minute and so and sometime after 15 minutes, I have been facing exe errors as well as blue screen crashes, I was facing the same game crashing issues in widows vista as well but then now with windows 7 64 bit the conditions has gone worse, I am quite suite that there is not overheating and power as I have inspected all that, I have faced the crash with games like BF3,Dirt 3, MLB2k12, and Witcher 2 and I really love these games and want to get then working as soon as possible is there anything I can try out, I am just not able to track out the cause of the issue.

Re: Most of the high end game is crashing with evga 680 on windows 7 64 bit

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know something’s , I was thin thinking that you are having a clear case of overheating but then since you have you have inspected al that already and you dot think that they might be causing any issues the I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. Have you tried updating the video card driver to the latest or some other version of drivers to check out if they are making any difference?? If not then try out the same and then let me know what you get.
    2. Have you tried updating the bios on motherboard? If not then try out that as well.
    3. Is the card working in Benchmarks? Have you made a fresh installation with the 680 in?

Just try out these things and then post back the response you are getting so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

I should have listed the workarounds that I have tried so far, anyways I will like to inform you that I have tried updating the video card driver to the latest and have also tried out a no of versions as well but then they did not helped, I have tried updating the bios on motherboard as well but then even it did not appeared to be making any difference, I have tried using the card in benchmark but then they are not long enough and I am just able to get the games working to some point as I have already mentioned, I was using 295 and I had never faced any issues with the same, I had done a fresh installation of the 680,is there anything else that I can try out or anything that I need to check out to get rid of this issue?? Or I should better send the card for RMA, I don’t think that this is any issue with the driver but then I am not very sure about the same, I am really running out of patience getting it worked, I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but then they have just not helped, so if there is any other effective solution that I can try out then please let me know it will be very helpful.

In that case I just wanted to know that what kind of crash you are facing exactly, I mean is it a BSOD, lockup, or restart, if in case you are getting BSOD then have you checked out the Code, if not then check out the same and then let me know so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same as well. I also wanted to know if it is a BSOD 116 nvlddmkm.sys? and your System Specs? Other than this also check out the event viewer log and post it for any of the game, just go through all this things and then provide me the requested things for further help.

My system specs are as followed:
    • Intel Core i7 920
    • Intel DX58SO Motherboard
    • 6 gig ram
    • EVGA GeForce GTX 680

When I am playing the games then I am either dragged back to the desktop most of the time or I am getting a black screen, I have been using ctrl alt delete for getting the task manager and stopping the process, I am not very sure but then I think that it is nvlddmkm.sys as I have found the same to be listed sometimes, I have check out the event viewer log from Dirt 3 and below is what I am getting:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: dirt3_game.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4f0d4618
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000029
    Exception Offset: 00090812
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: e8ad
    Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
    Additional Information 3: e8ad
    Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

I don’t think that there is any issue with some hardware as everything was running fine by now and all this issue has started after installing EVGA GeForce GTX 680 on windows 7 64 bit, is there anything else that I need to check out?? Is there any workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

I just wanted to know that are you running extensions for your 24 pin or for any of your gpu? Are you having Evga precision installed? If yes then just make sure that you are clicked the auto fan, there are possibilities that the Fan might be off which might be resulting in to overheating and shutdown issues, I have found some people having this issues so make sure that you are not having the same case to narrow down the cause of the issue, I also wanted to know if it is standard card, I mean if it is Superclocked or not? And you have not yet mentioned all your full system specification so mention the same along with the bios settings.

I have not understood much from what you have said regarding the extensions but then if you are talking about the power cords then I will like to inform that they are coming right off the PSU and there is no extension between them, I am not having Evga precision installed as I had reformatted the system,so I don’t think that I am having the case that you have mentioned regarding the overheating and shutdown, it is a standard card I have not yet tried out any kind of overclocking on the same. I really don’t think that there is any kind of overheating issues a as I have already mentioned that I have inspected all that before.
    System specification:
    • I7 920
    • Intel Board DX58SO
    • 6 gig 1600 ram
    • 750 watt cosair psu
    • dual dual 2250 tuners
    • intel ssd 80gig 5 other storage HD's
    • Windows 7 64 bit

Bios:
    • Intel Boost enabled
    • Host clock 150
    • multiplier 22
    • speed 3.2 ghz
    • Mem overrides
    • multiplier 10
    • speed 1500
    • Bus overrides QPI strap 4.8 GT/s
    • QPI data rate 5.401

Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can try to help you out here but then you will have to bare some silly things as they are just for narrowing down the cause of the issue in your case:
    • Have you installed the latest Intel chipset drivers for your motherboard from Intel's official Driver Update Utility? If not then check out the beloe link for the same:
      Intel's official Driver Update Utility
    • Are you running DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the Microsoft Download Center? If not then check out the below link for the same:
      DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
    • Have you tried reinstalling the latest NVidia graphics drivers making sure that you are making a clean installation of the drivers? If not then check out the driver in the below link but then prior to the driver installation just make sure that you are checking marking the box which will be beside the below option.
      Automatic Driver Detection

If you have tried all these things and they are still not making any difference in your case then I will think that the card itself is defective and you should go for RMA immediately. Just check out all these things and then let me know if any of the above solution is helping you out or not.

I have installed the latest Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard from Intel's official Driver Update Utility and have tried out numbers of other version of drivers, hoping to get one of them to be working fine for me but then they did not helped. I have tried running DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from the Microsoft Download Center as well but then I am not very sure if I had tried out the same before installing the windows 7 or after installing it. I have been facing this issue from more than a week and have been looking out after a solution for the same in other forums but then I have been suggested the above possible solutions, which I have already tried out but they are not making any difference in my case, I have checked out the event viewer and I have found the below crashes:
    • nvwgf2um.dll
    • ntdll.dll
    • nvwgf2um.dll
    • nvwgf2um.dll
    • nvwgf2um.dll

Other than the solutions that has been mentioned above some people had suggested me to uninstall the TV tuner card saying that there are possibilities of the same to be conflicting with the driver and I have tried out the same without any success, I am really tired of trying out solutions by now and I think that I should better go for rma, thanks to you all for your help till here.