Thread: getting low frame rates on GTX 680 while playing GTA 4

getting low frame rates on GTX 680 while playing GTA 4

In my computer I was using EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphic card and recently I have changed my graphic card and with EVGA GeForce GTX 680 after installing this graphic card in my computer it has started giving me annoying problem. I have Asus motherboard, 4 GB RAM, AMD phenom II processor. Earlier whenever I play GTA 4 game at that time I was getting good frame rate around 75 but with my new graphic card am getting frame rates around 30-35 which is very irritating. I have removed graphic card from my system and connected it with different PCI-e slot and then when I tried to play the game at that time I get same problem. I have opened GTA 4 game and then changed the graphic settings of the game and after doing that when I start paying GTA 4 at that time I get same problem. I have also tried playing different game in my computer but result was same. I have removed graphic card drivers with the help of driver cleaner from and then I have restarted my computer. now after doing that I have installed graphic card drivers again and then when I start playing game at that time I get same problem. Now please let me know how to fix this problem?

Re: getting low frame rates on GTX 680 while playing GTA 4

Have you tried latest drivers from the Nvidia official site? If you have not tried then you should visit official site of the Nvidia and then download latest drivers for your EVGA GeForce GTX 680 graphic card and after that you have to delete the drivers which is already installed in your computer and run Ccleaner. After removing the previously installed drivers from your computer you have to install new drivers and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? in many cases by updating the graphic drivers we can solve this problem.

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should set the voltage to 1.175 of you graphic card and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? if you don’t know about how change voltage for your graphic card then you have to first open go to the evga official age and download EVGA Precision X software and install it in your computer. EVGA Precision X allows configuring EVGA-cards for maximum performance. You will enable to set the frequency of memory and core graphics subsystem, the tools to control the speed of the impeller fan, condition monitoring of critical parameters. Other features include: full support for multiple independent graphics, support for profiles, and show information in the system tray. Once you install EVGA Precision X software in your computer after that you have to open it and then change the voltage setting from there and then you have to open GTA 4 game and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

Yes changing the voltage setting from the EVGA Precision X software will resolve this problem. I am telling you this because my friend was experiencing same problem and then he first tried to solve this problem by reinstalling graphic card drivers from his computer but that does not solve the problem and then contact the EVGA support and they have suggested to change the voltage setting with the help of EVGA Precision X software and then he downloaded the EVGA Precision X software and then tried that solution and then problem get solved. I hope you will be able to solve this problem with the help of this solution.

Thank you for helping me. I have downloaded latest drivers for my EVGA GeForce GTX 680 graphic card and then uninstalled old drivers from my computer. Now after uninstalling old drivers I have installed new one in my computer but after doing that also I get same problem. Now after that I have downloaded Precision software and then installed it. After installing that I have changed voltage setting for my graphic card but problem does not get solved with the help of that. Now what should I do to solve this problem?

Well friends In my computer when I have changed graphic card at that time I was having same issue and first I thought problem is related to drivers and that is why I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling and updating the graphic card drivers but that does not make any Difference. Now after that I have updated BIOS in my computer and then my problem gets solved. You should also visit the official site of motherboard manufacturer and then you have to download latest BIOS file. After downloading that you have to create the bootable CD of it and then update the BIOS. According to me after updating the BIOS your problem will get solved.