Thread: compatible video files for my Samsung LE32D400 tv

compatible video files for my Samsung LE32D400 tv

I've just bought a Samsung LE32D400 tv, and I wonder if anyone knows which format to encode my videos to, so that it will find them when connecting an external hard drive. I've heard Samsung favour a certain code, which includes MP4, But if someone could shed a little more light id be happy

Merry seasonal stuff.

Re: compatible video files for my Samsung LE32D400 tv

Most of the users are saying that they are not able to play movie files on Samsung LE32D400 tv especially the avi files. Though it can recognize the mp3 sound files and jpeg images but none movie files. You have to read from its manual what all type of movie file format does it support, cause if it doesnt then you will have to buy a dvd player for playing movies.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thanks for that, I was sort of suspecting that was the case. Luckily its got HDMIs so I can just attach my laptop or Xbox. Its a good tv and has intuitive interactivity, but its like a TV for beginners. Stabilizers not included.

Hi there, maybe this helps you i done it on my LE32C350 and it worked, the only difference is you should change LE32D400 by LE32D450 and should work because LE32D450 does it play movies:

WARNING! Any operation on your TV needs to be done knowing exactly what to do. Each operation (allowed or not) must be made under your exclusive responsibility.

The solution to enable the viewing of films via the USB LE32C350 model is as follows: access to technical menu with the key sequence on standby mode(from remote) INFO + MENU + MUTE + STANDBY + OK (in rapid sequence) and to change the parameter MODEL in LC360. Then change the TYPE parameter up to any of the models that start with the number 32. A good move for the presence of audio at video is to slide the TYPE parameter while appearing in a TV signal through an aerial (digital or analog is the same). As soon as the sound appears, go back to the original display with the RETURN key (the remote) and turn off the TV. When power will show the option of the Media Play Video with audio in perfect working order! Enjoy! ^ __ ^

Please if someone has tried wiv the LE32D400 and works please let me know because im thinking to buy one

Quote Originally Posted by alejokdj View Post
    Hi there, maybe this helps you i done it on my LE32C350 and it worked, the only difference is you should change LE32D400 by LE32D450 and should work because LE32D450 does it play movies:

WARNING! Any operation on your TV needs to be done knowing exactly what to do. Each operation (allowed or not) must be made under your exclusive responsibility.

The solution to enable the viewing of films via the USB LE32C350 model is as follows: access to technical menu with the key sequence on standby mode(from remote) INFO + MENU + MUTE + STANDBY + OK (in rapid sequence) and to change the parameter MODEL in LC360. Then change the TYPE parameter up to any of the models that start with the number 32. A good move for the presence of audio at video is to slide the TYPE parameter while appearing in a TV signal through an aerial (digital or analog is the same). As soon as the sound appears, go back to the original display with the RETURN key (the remote) and turn off the TV. When power will show the option of the Media Play Video with audio in perfect working order! Enjoy! ^ __ ^

Please if someone has tried wiv the LE32D400 and works please let me know because im thinking to buy one
    Im sorry forget about that above, i will explain again:

Hi there, maybe this helps you i done it on my LE32C350 and it worked, the only difference is you should change LE32D400 by LE32D450 and should work with any series 3, 4, 5:

The solution to enable the viewing of films via the USB LE32C350 model is as follows: with the tv in stand by mode, access to technical menu with the key sequence (from remote) INFO + MENU + MUTE + STANDBY + OK (in rapid sequence) and to change the parameter MODEL in LC360. Now Go back to the original display with the RETURN key (the remote) and turn off the TV. When power will show the option of the Media Play Video with audio in perfect working order! Enjoy! ^ __ ^

I can play videos on LE32D400E!

From the service menu I changed the model on my LE32D400E, setting it to LD450 (LE32D450). Now the Downloads menu has Videos, Photos and Music.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo View Post
    I can play videos on LE32D400E!

From the service menu I changed the model on my LE32D400E, setting it to LD450 (LE32D450). Now the Downloads menu has Videos, Photos and Music.

Thanks!
    Thank u for the confirmation, i will get a LE32D400 !!!! I was almost sure that was gonna work!

I have accesed the service menu on my Samsung LE32D400, but Im not able to move up down or w/e with any keys, im only able to press power. What's the problem?

Well, if u got the original remote controller, should not be any problem moving up and down with the arrows on the remote controller.