Thread: GeForce GTX 580 in SLI for Nvidia 3D Vision or not?

GeForce GTX 580 in SLI for Nvidia 3D Vision or not?

I am currently looking for a very good advice from a professional person who has lot of knowledge and experience in Nvidia Video cards. Recently I have ordered a brand new monitor from Acer so that I can able to get regular gaming/movies in 3D. My system configs are as follows:
    • Intel Core i5-2500 processor
    • Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX2 PSU
    • MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) P67 motherboard
    • WD 500GB WD5000AADS Green HDD
    • D3 8GB 1333-999 BlDrag K2 GEIL RAM
    • GiBy1.5 D5 X GTX580 SOC R

Can anyone tell me whether the single GTX580 is enough to render the more recent games in 3d? I am looking forward to play the Battlefield 3, guild wars 2, prototype 2 and so on. Should I need to upgrade to SLI? Is it possible with this configuration?

Re: GeForce GTX 580 in SLI for Nvidia 3D Vision or not?

As far as I know that 3D images creates extra rendering load and for this you might need to lower some settings in order to balance 3D effectively on one GPU. Otherwise I don’t think that it would be possible with single GPU, If you are looking for extreme performance. If you are running the game in High settings, it could be possible that the system can reach approximately 1.5 GB VRAM limit on the GPUs. For that reason only many users opt for 3GB versions of the GTX580. Even an extra graphic card will help you to balance the load for some extent with doubled rendering power, it some situation you may hit the Vram limit with very high settings.

In my test result, the two GTX 580s in SLI setup can take stress of any game and in stereo 3D mode; single GPU configuration is more demanding. In all the way the GTX 580 performs better. However if you are looking forward to play all games in 3D mode with everything to the max, I should recommend you to go for SLI setup. The test results shown me that a single GTX 580 is about 18% faster than the GTX 480. With dual GTX 580s in SLI mode, you will see about 59% improvements in the framerate. The later performance is completely depends upon the game and you may get between 7% and 18% or an average of about 13% faster performance in any games with GTX 580. If you see any problem with 3D rendering and so, going for two GeForce GTX 580s in SLI and slightly overclocking should solve most of the problem.

The flagship card from Nvidia is finally here, because the Fermi everyone expected has arrived and brings with it its own set of unprecedented performance for a single GPU card. The GeForce GTX 580 card is the single most powerful GPU on the retail market. Only the power demand on the graphics level is never too much, in fact, some technologies including support for multiple monitors simultaneously, and the 3D Vision GPU seeking more than the standard use.

There was once a thread to Crysis 2, has complained in which the proud owner of a 3GB GTX580 on the not very pleasing performance. I say the lack of time looking into crystal ball that will demand in the coming years, the games more and more graphics memory. Crysis 2, are probably also the beginning of BF3. Currently, I would always - even if you do not want to hear - a GTX570 or HD6970 recommend. Both are considerably more economical than the GTX580. The 100 € extra charge is not worth it. If you still have time and patience to wait and see for GTX6xx coming soon on the market. Whereas, a dual GPU to support the load and have an acceptable speed in terms of fps, then add us a screen and 3D glasses, plus find games that run "decently" .. Well, maybe not for all budgets.

A GeForce GTX 580 is quite simply a GTX 480 optimized with higher frequencies and additional processing units. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to end up with a map very effective in video games. Compared to the old model, you gain between 10 and 20% depending on the definition used. It can play without worrying about the level of detail of the games. Second advantage: the stereoscopic 3D games will not suffer too much performance degradation induced by this type of use. The Radeon HD 5870 is so far behind, especially in Crysis Warhead. In 1920 x 1200, with the texture filters activated, the 580 gets an average of 41 frames per second (fps) while the Radeon has stagnated at 32 fps. The difference may be lighter in other games and we'll leave it to analyze the details of our statements in the face-to-face graphics cards. In conclusion, we could say that the GeForce GTX 580 is that the GTX 480 should have been at its output. Even more effective in video games, it has mainly a sink to match its prices.

The 3D Surround Gaming and 3D Vision are cumulative. Still, it is mandatory to have at least two GeForce GTX 580, to have three screens have 3D and the 3D Vision kit. In short, only a handful of wealthy furious will use all these functions simultaneously. Finally, NVIDIA also focuses on accelerating treatments in different software that allows using the graphics card to perform the calculations. If individuals rarely use these applications, professionals are increasingly targeted with software dedicated to 3D rendering, to photo editing, etc..

I have heard that the Geforce GTX 580 only supports the 3D glasses Nvidia 3D Vision, PhysX effects on the graphics card and play on up to three monitors, if you configure 2 Graphics cards as a SLI configuration. On a single card can be (unlike AMD) only connect two monitors. These are Dual Link capable DVI outputs and a mini-HDMI output available for which you will need a adapter. The HDMI jack corresponding to the pseudo-standard HDMI 1.4a goes beyond the capabilities of HDMI 1.3 that is also only to the extent that you have mastered the so-called frame-packing format that you can drive over the Geforce a 3D TV correctly. This is the first graphic card which is integrated GF110 processor and it is fundamentally improved as compared to GF100.