Thread: Tv recognizes fat32 only and not ntfs usb?

Tv recognizes fat32 only and not ntfs usb?

I am completely new to this section and so don’t know much. I did not know what file format can a dvd player read in a video usb? Later I found something regarding this solution, but it came to my notice that my TV was recognizing usb. I was not able to play .avi films on my newly formatted external drive through the USB slot of my HD tv, I have been plugging in a 2gb mp3 player furthermore watching the identical films without any issues . I then made some checks to make sure the drive and the enclosure are working correctly. That was then solved. but now my tv only recognise fat32 and not ntfs usb. I don’t know the reason behind it. Can you explain same to me. I checked with TV manual but dint found something related.

Re: Tv recognizes fat32 only and not ntfs usb?

I was with the same situation as I had Philips LCD TV and it did not recognize my USB device. I had to play some movies and that instance , checked in the user manual, I found some general instructions regarding connecting usb and not troubleshooting. Later I came across some basic requirements for a USB drive to be recognized by my TV which were that implementation should be based on “Universal Serial Bus Mass Storage Class Specification Overview” along with the USB Drive which I used should be “Mass Storage Class” compliant.later I searched for why are NTFS or exFAT formatted USB drives not supported for my tv. And the reason for this was if my TV does not recognize a USB drive, it may be formatted as NTFS or else exFAT. It was found that my Philips TV do not support NTFS or else exFAT because they are proprietary file systems developed by Microsoft.and if you guys are with the same issue , then you need to use a USB drive with our TV, and make a note of one thing that you format it as FAT32. In addition , you also back up your data from the drive earlier than formatting it, as formatting a USB drive will tend to erase all of its contents.

Most guys have some issues regarding can they reformat the Harddrive to fat32 or is this not probable? The answer for this one is once it is formatted to NTFS you are not able to change it back to FAT32. You need to right click the drive letter and under 'Properties' choose the 'general'tab. this will point to what format the drive is in.You should be acquainted with if a drive is formatted as FAT32 it will not recognize any files superior than 4gb.This restricts you to not adding any HD movie files to look at on your TV. An excellent way is to buy a separate media player and use this as an interface among HDD and TV. they are comparatively cheap these days.

I was having an 16GB USB flash drive which I can only transfer media files to it using NTFS. unless I format it to fat32 , XBMC was not able to recognize the drive, and loose all data on drive. I was with apple tv. Then came to know that NTFS does not work fine on the ATV. It's not unfeasible though. You can have a look at nitoTV. You are able to run the smart installer with a recovery.dmg image from one of the early ATV's. You are also able to format it always as hfs if you are concerned regarding the 4gig bound of fat32. The taeson why tv only recognise fat32 and not ntfs usb is because the FAT 32 FILE could not hold the single data which is larger than 4GB by this way OEM could shun the crack vision. NTFS has a bigger cluster than FAT 32 and therefore NTFS does not tend to read faster than FAT 32 . I came across some software with which we are able to convert NTFS to FAT 32 without formatting hard partition. You can make an better use of Aomei NTFS to FAT32 Converter 2.0 software which will help to do so.

FAT32 and NTFS are file systems which are formed for keeping track of files in the hard disk. A file system is a set of logical constructs which indicates how the space on a disk volume is to be employed. NTFS is additionally robust and efficient simply since it has equipped with advanced characteristics and functionalities. FAT, overall, includes simplistic data structures, therefore making operations extra time consuming. The functionalities of NTFS are far extra over-powering because it makes use of superior data structures to advance consistency, disk space utilization along with overall presentation. In addition, FAT32 can be converted to NTFS but it is not so simple to convert NTFS reverse to FAT. NTFS has huge security, file by file compression,as well as quotas along with file encryption. If there is more than one operating system on a sole system , it is better to format a number of volumes as FAT32. By making use of multiple operating systems in single computer would make FAT32 a better option if you wish for both OSs to interpret the drive. If there is only Windows OS, NTFS is completely okay. Thus in a Windows computer system NTFS is a better alternative. If you are interested in playing with ntfs drive, If you have a large file on an NTFS drive and you want to play it on the PS3. You will require to have a FAT32 formatted drive, or else at least a FAT32 partition. If a file is more than 3.9 GB (as most High Def files are) you will require to split it into smaller files using a program such as AVI Splitter.