Thread: Release date of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

Release date of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

Continue the waltz of the partners of NVIDIA, after the arrival of GeForce GTX 680 on the market presents their own proposals appropriately. Here then, in recent days, both Gaiward Palit have both shown their models, for of course the higher end market. Gainward GeForce GTX 680 has thus introduced Phantom, video card that will be marketed in the version with 4GB of GDDR5 memory, thus going to double the reference value. According to the specifications, the solution will be characterized by a factory that will overclock the card to operate at a base clock of 184MHz, a boost clock 1150MHz and memory at 6300MHz. Values that are not very different from default. Does anyone know the exact release date of these this card?

Re: Release date of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB

I think that you should check out in Nvidia and EVGA's website since they might have some minimal information on the 4 GB card. I don’t know how much the 4 GB will help, but I assume that you will probably see a noteworthy increase in performance in larger resolutions. It could be especially on Nvidia Surround/Eyefinity over the 2GB GTX 680. I was planned to get the GTX 680 2GB version but after hearing the 4 GB version was coming out, I waited for it to get release. I am really looking forward to get this new card on my brand new computer. The main feature of the proposal, as it is easy to note, is represented by the system of heat dissipation, which leads the radiator on the top of the tab, with the fans positioned much closer to the GPU than usual. The card occupies two and a half slots within the system and, thanks to the proprietary solution for cooling, covered by patent, should allow the card to operate at 8 ° less than the reference solution.

Palit also comes on the market with a proposal to double the amount of memory on-board, increasing from 2 to 4GB GDDR5. In this case we are faced with the second proposal Jetstream Series, the first had already been sold and it was characterized by the presence of only 2GB of memory. Like the proposal already seen, also in this case we are faced to a solution with circuitry of power supply from 6 +2 stages. The frequencies of operation, in this case, will be the same of the proposal reference.

I have an SLI with 2 Phantom Gainward GTX 580 and I can assure you that even under stress upon, noise is noticeable. The difference between the heatsink used on the 580 and 680 is that sula GTX580 has 6 heatpipes and 3 new fans while the GTX680 which is more economical to heat to be dissipated, the new heat sink only counts with 5 heatpipes and 2 fans, which should result in at a noise level even lower.

Why you are still rely on the GTX 680 4GB card, since the Nvidia announces the release of a new product and start rumors. According to rumors in the week between April 30 and May 5 will receive a dual-GPU card, possibly called GeForce GTX 690 with CUDA 3072 Core and 4GB GDDR5. This version of the GTX 680 PCB has a white, Galaxy color often used in high-end models, the VRM is 8 +2 +2 phase will require the use of two 8-pin connectors to feed this graph. In addition to what we have said before, this graphics card has dual BIOS, voltage measurement points, with OC Panel (similar to EVGA EVBot). The sink will use this graphics card is the same as the GTX 580 uses Multi-Display, composed of several heat pipes that carry heat to the aluminum fins that are cooled by three fans of 90 mm, and features blue LEDs. Their frequencies were not disclosed, nor its release date.

Nvidia would be almost ready to present a card dual-GPU GeForce GTX GK104 which might be called 690. This is the rumor that circulated after the company has alerted all on Facebook page, says that the debut of Nvidia's new product is expected in the week between April 30 and May 5. This announcement was made following a short presentation of the 3rd generation of Intel Core processors, code-named Ivy Bridge. The information on this dual-GPU circulate are those rates are the presence of 3072 CUDA Core and 4GB GDDR5, obtained simply by multiplying by two key specifications of the GeForce GTX 680. Right now the only motherboards which are based on the chip GK104. It is unclear if the two chips and memory, arranged on a single PCB, be able to maintain the frequencies of the GeForce GTX 680, but experience tells us not, because of a product with these specifications is necessary to make the changes that have consumption and temperatures at acceptable levels.

Nvidia is playing with the GTX 680 and now rises with a GTX 690, without going to cover the lower bands where you sell more. The causes may be multiple, and the first that is the one that occurs to TSMC is not able to ensure to Nvidia chips required for a production in volumes sufficient to meet the demand for a mid-range card or medium-low. Another possibility could be more practical. The GTX 580 and, more particularly the GTX 590, are becoming less available on the market. Nvidia may have simply decided not to leave gaps in the range, presenting a card with two GPUs to replace immediately the previous one. Anyway, we'll see the GeForce GTX 670 Ti, slightly less powerful than the GTX 680. It is possible that the product is just that, since the output was precisely predicted for May , but one cannot forget that Nvidia also makes mobile GPU and the release date not too far from Ivy Bridge is "suspect."

I would like to share my personal experience with the dual GTX 680 2GB in SLI mode. Right now I am getting 5760x1080 and 120Hz and due to this all the games run maxed out. I don’t know how future games will play on it and I don’t have any idea about that. Currently I am only imagining about the Crysis 3 which might be going to release next year. The TXAA will allow you to game at high resolutions and you will not see any kind of memory penalty, any specific future. If you really want to wait for the 4GBs version. You should go for it. It would be possible for you to play games at maximum resolution and ultra settings right now. Keep in mind that while using these card don’t go for updating the RAM, because it will actually going to decrease performance with higher latencies. It could add more stress on the controller. Modern video cards are likely to be the culprit of this.