Thread: Games stutter when surround is enabled for 2 EVGA GTX 680's in SLI

Games stutter when surround is enabled for 2 EVGA GTX 680's in SLI

I have been trying to play Battlefield 3 on my system which is having 2 EVGA GTX 680's in SLI, I have made the set up for 3 monitors and I have made sure that the Surround is Enabled but then I don’t know for what reason the game is stuttering and it is just appearing to be unplayable, I have found that the Surround enables fine when I set it up from the NVIDIA Control Panel but then I am having stuttering issue while playing games, it displays that I am getting 5fps, I have tried changing the resolution but then as it is lagging very bad I am not able to do the same, I have tried changing the resolution back to one monitor and then things were fine, as far as the connection is concerned I have power connected to both cards where as I am having the SLI bridge on the left connection, I have connected two monitor to the first card and the other to the second as recommended by the nvidia and I don’t think that I have missed out anything, I was thinking that there was some issue with the game itself but then later when I tried playing Skyrim and other games then I got the same response for it so I am quite sure that there is not issue from the game side and it is somewhere with the sli, the system is running on windows 7 x64bit and I have installed the latest driver for the card as well which is 301.10 Nvidia Drivers, I had uninstalled the previous drivers and had used the sweeper as well for removing the trace of the old driver but then I don’t think that they are making any difference, I have tried out the possible solution that I could have but then they have just not helped, is there anything else that I need to check out or some solution that I can try out??

Re: Games stutter when surround is enabled for 2 EVGA GTX 680's in SLI

I just wanted to know that which monitors you are having and what is the size of them, I am asking so because I am having 3 24" screens and I am just not having any issues in running BF3 at 6000x1200 on Ultra, I am getting 50-100 fps, I have not yet faced stuttering in the game and I have turned off the Blur and have set the AA to 2x, I also want you to try out using one card at a time and check out if there is something wrong with any of them, you can just check out the performance of the card with one monitor and see if you are able find out any difference between the performance of them, I also wanted to share that one of my friend is having 3 24" monitors on 2 EVGA GTX 680's @ 5760x1080 and he is getting better fps on Ultra online than me, he is getting above 60 but then he is using FXAA Injector.

I am having 23" Samsung monitor and all the three are of the same model they are running on 1920x1080 native resolution and with the bezel I have adjusted it to 6000x1080 where as with the surround enabled the resolution is 5760x1080, I have followed you solution that was using each card with single monitor and I have found that they are running fine, I think that there is some kind of trouble when both cards are in and SLI and surround is enabled, I also wanted to share that I have again tried out uninstalling the software and using the sweeper in the safemode and have reinstalled the driver in the normal mode but then as before they are just not making any difference, my system specification is as followed:
    • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    • PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    • Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

In my case I am having two 580s in SLI and I have found that after the BF3 update I am getting low performance as compared to what I was getting with single card, currently I am using single monitor and I think that the BF3 update has lead in to some issue with the SLI setups, I had conversation with the EA support and tried addressing them the same and to my surprise they said that they are already aware of the same and they have been reported by a lot of people regarding this issue, the just said that I will have to turn off the sli till they are coming up with a fix for the same, I was really disappointed with the same and I have now swit5ched back to 580s and I am getting around 20fps better as compared to the SLI performance that I was getting with 680s but then I will like to know if anyone find out a fix for 2 EVGA GTX 680's in SLI.