• Asus sabertooth 990fx
    • ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI
    • ocz 1250w psu
    • 120gb ocz vertex 3 O.S, 2 w.d cavier black 2 tb
    • h-100
    • asus xonar essence stx sound card
    • corsair sp2500 speakers
    • thermaltake level 10 gt snow edition

I have made my setup to three monitors and the problem that I am facing is that when I am playing games at 5760x1080 then I am getting very low fps, to a max I am getting 10fps, I think that there is some driver issue but then I have not yet found a solution to solve out the same, I have checked about it in some other forums as well and I have found people having similar issues but then I have not found any effective solution to try out.

Re: ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI not working well with Asus sabertooth 990fx

I am not very sure but then can you just try out the below driver and see if it is making any difference in your case or not, I have found some people mentioning that this driver had solved the similar issue in their case, so even you can give it a try
    nvidia driver
    Before trying that driver just use sweeper so as to remove all the traces of the previous driver and to do that boot in safemode and then use the sweeper, if that does not help then just try out changing the display cables and see if it is helping, just try out these possible solutions and then let me know the response that you get or them.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried using the driver form the above link but then it is not appearing to be making any difference in my case and then issue is still the same I had made sure that I am using sweeper before installing the new driver but then it did not helped, I have tried out changing the display cables and even they did not made any difference, I don’t think that there is any issue from the hardware side but then it is software related but then I am not able to track out the actual cause of the issue, I have asked the same question in other forum as well and there a guy had suggested me to make a clean installation of the windows and then the issue will be solved but then I am not willing to try it out now unless it is the last option for me. If the ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI wont be working out well with some trouble shooting then I will be switching back to the 570sli set up that I was using previously, I did not had any such issues with them and I am really disappointed with GTX 680 SLI, is there anything else that I will have to check out???

I think that it is because of some kind of incompatibility between the ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI and the Asus sabertooth 990fx board. I am aware of this issue as I am facing the same and I have not yet found a solution to fix this out, I have been looking after a solution for this issue in number of forums and have tried out all the possible solutions that I could have but then they have not helped and I am still left with the same issue, my system specification:
    • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    • PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    • Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

If anyone has any other effective workaround or driver that we can try out then please let me know it will be highly appreciated.

It seems as if it is some kind of issue with the SLi and it has not yet been resolved with the beta driver, I think that you will have to probably wait for the future driver updates, I just wanted to add that I had faced similar issue when I was using 580s in Surround in BF3 and I had tried out a no of solution as of you all for solving this but then they had not helped and after waiting for a couple of month it was said to be solved in a driver update and I had also came across some people mentioning that the update had fixed the issued but then it really hasn’t in my case, I am still having the same issue, currently I am running 7970s in Eyefinity and I am just not having any issues like that, I have not yet faced any kind of driver issue with it since I have started using it. So if you all want then you can probably wait for their next update and if the update does not fix the issue for you then you can swap to some other card like me, I don’t think that you might be having any other option in this case as far as my experience.

In my case I am having a ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Motherboard and I have connected 3 x 27" Asus Ve27's Surround to it and they are running fine, I am getting better performance with ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI as compared to what I was getting with overclocked 6950's, I have been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and I am not having any issue with the same and the game is just running fine, the game is running smoothly even though is not having that good benchmark, I don’t know what the latest drivers have not fixed the issue for you all, I am really not sure if this is an issue with the motherboard or the video card, I have found a no of people with 990fx and 580 SLI setups and even they are not having any issue with it, even the 3-way SLI is working great with them, so if anyone of you is willing to swap of their card because of this issue then I think that 580 SLI setup will be a better choice.

I am having the same issue with ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI and my system specification is as followed:
    • Motherboard-msi 990fxa gd-80 with latest bios as well as the chipset drivers
    • Ram-8 gigs of corsair vengeance ram
    • cpu fx-8120
    • Sound- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    • Operating system- window 7 home premium 64-bit
    • Gpu- 2 x ASUS GeForce GTX 680 SLI
    • Psu- silverstone 1500 wat strider 80+ silver

I have used gtx 580's in sli previously and I really agree to the above post as I had never faced the same issue with it, even I think that switching back to the gtx 580's in sli will be a better option but then I will like to know if anyone finds a proper fix for this. Thanks in advance.