Thread: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with Intel HD 3000 Optimus Technology

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with Intel HD 3000 Optimus Technology

I have recently purchased the Asus X53SV-MH71 and I can say that this is really a very good notebook. This is having Intel HD 3000 as well as GeForce GT540M. I was trying to play the games like Counter-Strike on this but when I try to launch the game then I found one strange problem. I am just getting the FPS as 40-60 but that must be 220+. This is very annoying for me. Now here comes the most interesting part. When I turn off the Intel HD 3000 then all the things work very well without any problem. I also get good FPS but lacking the smoothness somewhere. I really do not wish to continue in this way. I have already installed the newest drivers and I am on safe side from this. Can you please suggest me that what should I do in order to get out of this issue. Thank you.

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with Intel HD 3000 Optimus Technology

There is one thing that you can do for this. You can simply go to the Nvidia Control Panel and from there open “Manage 3D Settings”. Now you will have to add a profile for each game that you wish to run through your GT 540M. After doing this, you will have to choose preferred graphics processor as the Nvidia GPU and not the Intel IGP. There are many of the users who are facing the similar issues and most of them find this solution working for them. So it will be better if you can also try with the same. I wish that you will also find this solution helpful. Please reply back if you are having any further problem while playing the game. I will be happy to help you.

I would like to tell you that if you update Intel IGP as well as Nvidia GPU drivers then that can resolve this problem. It is the only solution of many of the issues like this. There are many of the people who forget that their Optimus enabled laptops are also having the Intel IGP. This is nothing but the device which is actually responsible for the output and on the other hand, if we talk about the Nvidia GPU then that is only going to handle the rendering part. Recently, there are many of the Intel drivers released, that can increase the performance as compared to the 26xx release. It already resolved many of the stability as well as automatic graphics processor switching problems. It will be really good for us to reply better if you can post with your system specification.

I don’t think that this problem is with the Intel HD 3000 Optimus Technology. This is made to actually boost the performance. The portable computer market is growing steadily and has now surpassed, by number of units sold, that of desktop computers. This trend is set to not to change as users are more careful to limit consumption and space, even if they are not particularly interested in mobility. Who decided to buy a notebook, however, always had to compromise between performance and autonomy, in fact, to have a full working day away from the electrical outlet, and video solutions integrated low-power CPU choices are forced, by contrast, the platforms complete and fast fail to offer a range of note on the move. To overcome this problem, NVIDIA has introduced a few years ago the technology "switchable graphics" that lets the user choose whether to use the integrated GPU or external GPU with more performance, it has had little success with the public the various problems that putting up this system.