Thread: Need GPU suggestion for ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard

Need GPU suggestion for ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard

hi guys

I need help here on this, actually I have this ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard , I know that is a bit old but I really don’t have any problem with this board of any sort . although the Graphic card that I have is bit outdated , that I need to change . now I know many here will suggest me to purchase a newly built system but I am running on the budget and my current PC works absolutely fine with no problem at present , so I was thinking to only update my Graphic card to the new one and install the windows 7 64 bit so that my computer can give me a bit more performance . so need to know the graphic card that will suit to this motherboard and the feature of the graphic card , right now I am using the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT on the Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 overclocked. I do some gaming on my current PC and the FPS looks fine . can anyone here give me suggestion me on this I will be really appreciated this ………………… thanks in advance .

Re: Need GPU suggestion for ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard

Well I like to suggest you the Sapphire Radeon HD 4870. The performance of a card, of course the best thing to know, especially with a high-end card like this. For the money a very nice card. I am impressed by the performance of the card and did not regret the purchase, even though it took some tinkering that need to be work on . I have the card now in use a good year and am still very happy with the thing. After many Radeons to have heard I can say mine are pretty nice and certainly no annoying noise in idle mode produces and games are also advised that bad. The fan set at 100% is not recommended, but over all this is the card that will suit to you and will work fine with the board that you have

The ASUS eah4870 matrix htdi 512md5 will also work on the , it is good ASUS Matrix cards make use of special coolers, which includes use of heat pipes. The Radeon HD 4850 Matrix has a cooler with a fan, the Radeon HD 4870 has two. In both cases, ASUS has a fan above the power behind the PCB placed. In this way the voltage stabilizers actively cooled, which according to ASUS has a positive effect on the overclocking potential. Furthermore one has the coolers designed to cool the cards a nice appearance.

The coolers are not the only special thing about the Matrix cards. ASUS has both the Radeon HD 4850 Radeon HD 4870 as its own PCB design made with extra features. In both cases there is a chip that is present the temperature is measured at four different places: the GPU, the memory, the voltage stabilizers, and the ambient temperature. In addition, the chip constant power of the GPU in the holes. Based on all this information, the speed of the fans is actively controlled. This means that the maps in 2D mode generally completely silently do their work and only work with complex 3D to produce any sound. The coolers are designed so that even at highest speed is still very quiet. there are more cards in which the rotational speed of the fans is controlled on the basis of the temperature, but what does ASUS is quite particularly. By incorporating the power of the GPU to measure, one can already anticipate the future state of the chip. After all, if it starts with complex 3D-work, the chip will consume more power to the fan and may ASUS already in advance faster run in order to get precisely to prevent the temperature rising too high. This has directly as a second advantage that the cooling in overclocked mode remains optimal.

The Radeon HD 4870 Matrix has a cooler with two fans and uses three heatpipes. This card is overclocked by default the GPU runs at 770 MHz (typically 750 MHz) and memory at 990 MHz (typically 900 MHz). The card has 512 MB of GDDR5 memory on board. That might be a slight problem, most other luxury Radeon HD 4870 1 GB cards today

I know this is bit old but the best that I can suggest for the mobo is Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Atomic. The technical features of the graphics card to make it clear that it is serious about the Sapphire 3D Accelerator. Higher clock speeds, a water cooling system, extensive equipment and the supply in a case should make clear that this is something special. The water cooling system consists of the single-slot cooler, a single-fan radiator and a water pump at the same time and is still a CPU cooler. Thus, the processed water cooling not only the two RV770 GPUs, but also the main processor. Logically, one can also use this desire to continue a normal air cooler; you must attach the pump will only otherwise. The radiator should be mounted at the point of a fan. This will be the good choice for you .

Its really very hard to suggest the particular card to the motherboard that you are having but as far s I know any card that have the PCI-E must be working on the board that you have . there tend to be lot of issue on the with AMD parts other than the nVidia parts. It is very important that your power supply's 12vdc power bus ampacity, this will increase the success rate with the new card for you . most likely I would like you to suggest the ASUS GeForce GTX 570 card that will definitely suit you . the GTX 570 GeForce graphics cards with Display DirectX 11 before. The new graphics card based on NVIDIA GF110 Fermi technology and delivers impressive performance with low power consumption. ASUS GTX570 also gives the exclusive Voltage Tweak technology for voltage adjustment, and for higher overclocking results. The GeForce GTX 570 completes the range of graphics cards. It works with a factory-raised standard clock speed of 742MHz, 480 CUDA cores and has run with a clock speed of 1484MHz CUDA. The 1484MB of GDDR5 video memory is clocked at 3.8GHz. Thanks to DirectX 11 supports the ASUS GTX570 the latest technologies such as tessellation and real-time ray tracing and ensures high frame rates even at the highest levels of detail. With the new ASUS GeForce GTX 570, the user experiences stunning PhysX gaming effects, stereoscopic 3D images and fast video and image processing. With the exclusive ASUS Voltage Tweak technology, the voltage can be increased to the graphics card in a quick and easy way to increase the factory overclocks further and achieve the best overclocking results.

Thanks guys for such a fast reply I really appreciate this , well I will try all of your suggestion but I will rather like to stick to the Nvidia , there is nothing wrong with the other card but since my old Nvidia is going well for me for the past 4 and half year and it is still working just fine . there I s something else that I need to know as well , is it really necessary that I have to update the Bios still I am not by any mean having any issue with my current Bios version because I don’t want to get in to the issue like the problem of motherboard with a new GPU will getting error and issue. Well I have looked everywhere on this board but there I s nothing much that I can find on this card , may be this is because card is much older . well I am at the moment looking of the well reviewed card and memory so that I will be able to get some good response out of it . I use the dx 9 and switching to the dx 11 don’t make any difference and I have seen no crash on my game , only the shutter in case I keep the setting to high .

I am not sure about this but I feel that updating the bios version will make that much of difference although keep in mind that improvement on the game will of course depend on the GPU but also involve the amount of onboard memory as well and the shader model and Dx capability of the card. The direct X 10/11 is also make some minor visual improvements . so more onboard memory means can make the biggest difference. And as far the Nvidia card I like to suggest EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX.

The GeForce 9800 GTX is the card include the support for PCI-Express 2.0, the presence of ee H.264 video decoder and several smaller internal optimizations. The presence of this new generation chip was in retrospect have been better if the new nVidia GeForce 9800 GTS right had called. That step dared not currently taking, but now. The GeForce 9800 GTX which today is introduced in the base is almost identical to the 8800 GTS 512 and also uses the exact same 3D chip G92. the nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX is undoubtedly the fastest single-GPU graphics card available on the market. The power consumption of the GTX is still better than expected, with three cards in SLI was the maximum use of our test PC under 400 watts hooks. Even if you have a lot going to overclock a 850 watt power supply would be more than sufficient. With two cards, the flow no further than around 320 watts.