Thread: LA Noire not supporting Optimus technology

LA Noire not supporting Optimus technology

I just recently bought this game and I like to tell that I have never seen such a beautiful game , the graphic is actually very nice and the game play is awesome , but there is something that is bothering me , the game is not supporting the Optimus technology, is there any reason for that s as I have looked everywhere but I cant see any solution to this issue . I have notice that there are quite a few people those are as well having the same issue with the LA Noire and the Nvidia Optimus technology, look to me as a bug in the game that needed to be fixed . is there anyone else here has the same issue with the LA Noire and the Nvidia Optimus technology and know how to fix this can help me on this I will be really very much appreciate this afford .

Thanks in advance

Re: LA Noire not supporting Optimus technology

Well as I have heard about this that there is some problem with the game as it not recognizing the the Nvidia graphic card with the Optimus technology but the patch is in development which can solve this issue for every body , I was looking in the article that has mentioned that the patch has been made that can correctly identifying the Nvidia GPU on an Optimus enabled system and also that patch has been released as well . after the latest patch the L.A. Noire will work fine with the Optimus as it will also be applying few other tweaks . The important thing is to uninstalling and re-installing the L.A. Noire to the folder names the LANoire without the space

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate this .. but I still need help , I have looked everywhere in the web , but somehow I am not able to find that latest patch , is there someone here can help me to find that patch , and I also did as you said to uninstalling and re-installing the game to the folder names the LANoire that don’t contain the space but that didn’t either worked for me , so I am still on where I was at the beginning , please guys I really need help on this , I will be glad to know about this …………. Thanks

I don’t know if this is going to help you or not but I suggest that you get the latest nvidia drivers (296.10) and see if that may help you in anything , as far the patch is concern that can only be downloaded when you successfully starts the game . I actually worked out all the tip that was mentioned on the web that I could fine , and eventually that game started to work for me. Try what I suggested to you and see if that is helping you in anyway and post back the result of that .

I also have the solution to this that might can help you on what you are looking for , this solution can solve the issue of playing L.A. Noire on a computer that has the switchable Nvidia Optimus graphics. Well I used the phantom display method that was a well - documented answer with the other game, this is the method that actually make your computer into waking up your Nvidia GPU. With the use of this method I was always able to play the game without any problem. I have a laptop that has the Geforce GT 540M Graphic cared that running the Windows 7 as the operating system and I use my HDTV Second display for restoring display settings . here is the ways that you need to do

• First you have to copy the Noire shortcut from your desktop and then right click the desktop to invoke the shortcut menu after that select the screen resolution
    • Click the Detect button you will be see the one or two boxes with the message on it saying “Another Display not Detected “shows up on the screen
    • Now you have to select the box that shows to your Nvidia Optimus GPU, and you will be able to see this by selecting the Display drop-down options that will be saying somewhat like this ‟Available display output on Nvidia….‟
    • For the multiple Display Options you have to select the “Try to connect anyway on VGA” and after that you have to click on the OK button
    • This should shift your desktop and menus over to the phantom display and you will be looking on the black screen , if that is the case then that means that until now you will be on the right track
    • Now to accept the Screen Resolution changes you have to click the TAB button and then the ENTER key .
    • Now paste the shortcut that you have created earlier over there so that you can now able to start the game , Double-click on the shortcut so that the game will launch.
    • Now you will see the Windows 7 security prompt on the phantom display and to get past to that prompt you will have to hit the TAB key three time and then the ENTER button
    • The LA Noire launcher will be appear on the screen , now in the launcher just go to the option and make sure that the Adapter listed at the top is your Nvidia GPU
    • Now on the command line just enter this text windowed –mousefree and click the okay , this will launch the game
    • Now you can see that the game has lunched but it do not launch totally on the primary display, although extends partially on the both the primary as well as the phantom displays, that means you have move the game window.
    • For moving the game to the other window, you have to wait for a bit so that you will be able to move the your mouse within the game window, after that on the top just click the mouse right button , this will show you the shortcut menu , there will be move option within that just select that, once you have selected the move option you will be able to use the mouse to reposition the game window or the arrow keys to do the same , that it …. This will do it

This will help you and to revert back to your original display configuration, all you have to do is to connect the laptop to a second display. or else, I have no idea how I can do that so it will be better that you keep the physical, second display handy . well I have to tell you that it has taken a quite a bit to figure this to work consistently however at the moment it totally works . I hope this can help you as well -it is a pretty good game.

That is really nice work around that you have given here but that is too complicated I guess. There is a technique which help you to launch the game on the NVIDIA Optimus GT540M GPU with out using the above method . I am not sure that how this issue get solved but there is something that I have done that have solve this issue automatically

You have to installed the latest NVIDIA driver version and here is the link for the same
    Just installed latest LA Noire patch well approximately all of it.( I am not able to get it to install entirely as it keep failing )
    And now I don’t launch the game form the LA Noire Launcher instead I launch the game from the game directly from the game executable

That it by this I have been able to play the LA Noire on my NVIDIA Optimus GT540M GPU without any problem and workarounds. Hope this will help you